Monday Nov 21, 2011
Saturday Oct 22, 2011
By llaszews on Oct 22, 2011
Elasticity refers being able to dynamically provision, migrate, and allocate computing resources to users, departments or customers. It includes the infrastructure to easy set up and ‘tear down’ applications. One of the first areas that customers focus on when moving to the cloud is developer and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) environments. The ability to quick set up a new test environment and then delete it once the testing is done is a cost effective and time saving exercise when done using cloud computing.
Migrating legacy client/server and mainframe technologies to the Oracle cloud.
- Migrating blog entries
- Middleware and Cloud Computing Book
- Oracle Enterprise Manager with AWS Database Instance
- AWS EC2 Overview book
- AWS EC2 Oracle RDB - Storing and managing my data
- AWS CloudFormations, Oracle Assembly Builder, Chef and Puppet
- IBM DB2 AIX RISC to Oracle Linux Sun x86
- Amazon CloudFormations and Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder
- Amazon AMIs and Oracle VM templates
- Migrating RISC to x86 - endianess 'issue'