Monday May 21, 2012
I just keep thinking that the proliferation of iPads and tablets in the enterprise is leading us back to the path of thick client computing. Don't get me wrong, I love the iPad and believe it is a great device....for emails, surfing the web, playing music, playing games, and getting directions. However, it is as thick of a client device as you can get. In addition, just like 3270 screens were proprietary, they are a proprietary platform. It seems like just yesterday everyone was rushing to get off of client/server systems and move to thin client machines with browser based access.
Sunday May 20, 2012
By llaszews on May 20, 2012
HP and Dell in same story about my two favorite topics: legacy migrations and cloud computing. I did not realize that Dell is also make a play in the modernization and cloud space in regards to legacy 3270 terminal migration/modernization to newer thin client hardware (Wyse terminals). Did not think of this terminal modernization market before but there is definitely a lot of money to be made selling terminal hardware modernization! Read more: HP and Dell cloud and modernization plays
Tuesday May 08, 2012
Monday Apr 09, 2012
Migrating legacy client/server and mainframe technologies to the Oracle cloud.
- Migrating blog entries
- Middleware and Cloud Computing Book
- Oracle Enterprise Manager with AWS Database Instance
- AWS EC2 Overview book
- AWS EC2 Oracle RDB - Storing and managing my data
- AWS CloudFormations, Oracle Assembly Builder, Chef and Puppet
- IBM DB2 AIX RISC to Oracle Linux Sun x86
- Amazon CloudFormations and Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder
- Amazon AMIs and Oracle VM templates
- Migrating RISC to x86 - endianess 'issue'