Thursday Nov 07, 2013
Truth be told, as I was getting my morning coffee today, I was pondering the recent election results more than Oracle [there, I said it]. But then an email from Glen Hawkins from the Enterprise Management team hit my Inbox and I started viewing this video. It was about the world’s largest convenience store chain, 7-Eleven, focusing on creating the best Digital Guest Experience (DGE) for their customers. Turns out that Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) powers 7-Eleven’s DGE Middleware Platform as a Service solution that consists of Oracle SOA Suite, Exalogic, and Exadata. “We need to present a consistent view of 7-Eleven across all our endpoints: 10,000 stores & various digital entities like our websites and apps”, said Ronald Clanton, the DGE Program Director for 7-Eleven. As 7-Eleven was rolling out a loyalty program with mobile support across multiple geos, it had many complex business & technical requirements, including supporting a wide variety of different apps, 10M guests in NA alone, ability to support high speed transactions, and very aggressive timelines. A key requirement was shortening the cycle for provisioning new environments. Whereas with other vendors this would take a few weeks, Oracle consulting showed them how with OEM provisioning new environments would take half a day, which was quite impressive. 7-Eleven has started to roll out this new program and are delighted to report that some provisioning cycles are as low as 10 minutes which includes provisioning the full Oracle SOA suite, Exalogic and more. They are delighted with OEM’s reporting capabilities and customization thereof. Watch the video to see for yourself.
- WebLogic Server, Coherence, Development Tools 12.1.3 Released
- Top Five Best Practices for your Application PaaS
- Want a Free Pass to Oracle Open World?
- Calling all Cloud Application Foundation Innovators
- Fast Data in Action
- NTT Communications Leverages Engineered Systems, WebLogic and Coherence for Real-Time Data Monitoring
- Customer & Industry Expert Podcasts highlight WebLogic and Coherence 12.1.2 Releases
- QCon: A practitioner-driven conference for Developers
- Your Cinnamon Roll & Morning Coffee: Powered by Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Spotlight on an ACE: Edwin Biemond