Thursday Jul 31, 2014
Friday Jul 26, 2013
By Yaldahhakim-Oracle on Jul 26, 2013
Recently we posted a three part series on the new Dynamic Markets Research report- Cloud for Business Managers: Opportunities and Challenges. We introduced some key considerations for organizations who are moving their applications to a SaaS based environment. For those of you who still have questions or are looking for additional insights this is for you…
Everyone talks about the benefits of cloud but who really achieves them? Where do you start? What should you look for?
Let’s take a closer look at several cloud opportunities for you to create benefits for your organization.
1) To Empower the business, cloud applications must work together
This is important for several reasons:
- A complete and integrated cloud application is necessary for business managers to visualize information through a consolidated lens. Wouldn’t it be better if you could more easily share data appropriately across departments, make better decisions and align with the overall business strategy?
- Get a complete and holistic view of your business
- Roll out solutions faster without reliance on IT and allow your business to focus on innovation
2) Business Managers Require anytime, anywhere access
- In today’s world of social and mobile, cloud is the backbone that enables new levels of inter-connectivity and real time access for business, its brand and the pulse of its customers.
-Social and mobile anytime access is critical for organizations to transform how employees, and customers share and use information
3) Where your data is and who has access to it may surprise you
- Needless to say, security is the top concern with organizations considering moving their business critical applications to the cloud. This is an area where adequate research should be done and any potential cloud provider should be evaluated.
- Avoiding information siloes is also important when it comes to security. Customers want to be assured that their information is safe and protected when they do business with you. It is difficult to keep track of compliance with each department running their applications with a different cloud provider, with different processes and controls.
-It is critical to understand what security services your cloud provider will provide and what regulatory and compliance mandates they adhere too. Different lines of business will have different requirements depending on their industry, geography and customer base
So you get the picture. In order to drive orderly innovation for your business and excel in the marketplace, you’ll need to consider a complete, modern, flexible and secure cloud that is ready to move when you are.
Check out this new infographic and read the full Dynamic Markets Research Report, commissioned by Oracle.
Official Oracle cloud blog.
Oracle offers customers the broadest choice of cloud solutions to simplify IT and power innovation.
- Businesses Need CIOs Today More Than Ever
- The ’Software In Silicon’ Edge
- Grupo Fármacos Especializados Achieves Greater Operational Efficiency and Cost Control with Engineered Systems and Managed Cloud Services
- Strategy for All 3 Pillars of the Cloud
- Artificial Intelligence as Core IT
- A Hard Look at HR Processes
- Oracle Managed Cloud Services Wins Frost & Sullivan Innovation & Leadership Cloud Managed Services Award
- How IT Must Change
- Gail Coury, VP, Risk Management, Managed Cloud Services, Oracle to Speak at Women in Leadership and Technology Conference
- What Happens When Big Data Meets Cloud?