Thursday Jul 31, 2014
Monday Mar 11, 2013
By Pat Ma on Mar 11, 2013
Oracle Social Relationship Management (SRM) is a product that helps you manage and scale your relationship with customers on social media channels. We have recently integrated four best-in-class social relationship management components - social listening, social analytics, social engagement and social publishing - into one unified interface to give you the most complete social relationship management solution on the market.
You can listen to what people are saying about your brand, engage with fans and followers, create content and apps, publish to multiple social channels, manage workflows, and analyze results and get social campaign metrics.
Only Oracle can connect every interaction your customer has with your brand. Our goal is to help you deliver the best customer experience wherever your customer touches your brand – whether it’s on the web, mobile, in-store, contact center, direct sales, and nowadays, this includes social.
Read about the new Oracle Social Relationship Management product here:
• Destination CRM - Oracle Launches Social Relationship Manager
• CIO Australia – Oracle goes after Salesforce.com with Social Relationship Management
For more information or to get a personalized demo of Oracle SRM, please visit oracle.com/social.
Tuesday Nov 13, 2012
Official Oracle cloud blog.
Oracle offers customers the broadest choice of cloud solutions to simplify IT and power innovation.
- Take Data Wrangling to the Next Level With Big Data Preparation Cloud Service
- Managed Cloud Integration Service – Essential for the Hybrid Cloud Model
- CFOs: Make the All-Out Leap into Digital Business
- Bellevue University Leverages Cloud Solution to Improve Educational and Back-End System Functionality While Reducing Costs
- Being First to Market is no Longer Enough
- Think Application Development is a Risky Business? Well Think Again
- Now Launching Oracle Sites Cloud Service
- Oracle Data Visualization Cloud Service is Now Available
- 5 Steps to Unlock the Value of Data Capital for Your Business
- More PaaS News from OpenWorld '15