Empower Modern Business in the Cloud at Oracle Open World 2013
By yaldahhakim on Sep 23, 2013
SaaS. Software as a service. Cloud applications. What do they mean to you? What do they mean to your business?
Not all clouds are created equal and it is important to know what your cloud provider has to offer and what cloud capabilities you need. Will it be able to support your business needs?
As a line of business executive, here are a few key things to remember:
1) To empower the business, cloud applications must work together
This is important for several reasons:
- A complete and integrated cloud application is necessary for business managers to visualize information through a consolidated lens. Wouldn’t it be better if you could more easily share data appropriately across departments, make better decisions and align with the overall business strategy?
2) Business managers require anytime, anywhere access
- In today’s world of social and mobile, cloud is the backbone that enables new levels of interconnectivity and real time access for business, your brand and responding to the pulse of your customers.
3) Where your data is located and who has access to it may surprise you.
- Needless to say, security is the top concern with organizations considering moving their business critical applications to the cloud. This is an area where adequate research should be done and any potential cloud provider should be evaluated.
- It is important to understand what security services your cloud provider will provide and what regulatory and compliance mandates they adhere to. Different lines of business will have different requirements depending on their industry, geography and customer base.
Want to know more about Oracle’s Strategy for SaaS in the cloud? Be sure to check out these sessions:
General Session 9549: Oracle Fusion Applications—Overview, Strategy, and Roadmap
Christopher Leone, Oracle 3:15 PM - 4:15 PM, Monday September 23rd, Moscone West - 2006/2008
General Session 9540: Empowering Modern Business in the Cloud
Steven Miranda, Oracle 3:45 PM - 4:45 PM, Tuesday,September 24th , Moscone West - 2006/2008
CON 9558: Oracle Fusion Applications and Oracle Cloud
Mervyn Lally, Land O Lakes Inc.
Krishnan Rajan, Oracle 10:15 AM - 11:15 AM, Wednesday, September 25th, Moscone West - 3022
For More Information on Oracle Cloud Sessions at Open World, click here.
We look forward to seeing you there!