Tuesday Jan 21, 2014
Friday Aug 30, 2013
By Yaldahhakim-Oracle on Aug 30, 2013
Written by: Jeff Erickson
The year is 2092. Scientists have been scanning deep space for decades looking for signals of alien life. Earlier this year they hit pay dirt: a signal both strong and consistent, confirmed as hailing from deep space. The signal jolted the global scientific community and its supporters in government and industry. Big things began to happen. First, an unprecedented coordination of deep space sensors triangulated and pinpointed the signal’s source. It was coming from a planet catalogued 35 years ago by Brazilian researchers and labeled as “earth-like.” Further study confirmed that it is a rocky planet with methane, mild volcanism, and an abundance of water circulating in its atmosphere. The Brazilians called it, appropriately, Terranuvem: the cloud planet. Next, scientists responded to the pulse from Terranuvem with signal of our own. All involved expected it to take 12 years to arrive at the distant world.
Two weeks later their signal changed. Soon after, a hurriedly assembled meeting of the World Council of Nations issued a statement indicating that technology existed to traverse the light-years to Terranuvem. Rumors abound that the tech is from an extraterrestrial source. Now, we’ve learned that a ship is being outfitted to make the journey. It’s humanity’s first voyage to another star system. That’s not just a journey, it’s a quest. Join us for Cloud Odyssey: A Hero's Quest. Follow the adventure on facebook.com/CloudOdyssey. Don't miss the official movie trailer at Oracle OpenWorld. Join us for Cloud Odyssey events coming to a city near you in 2014.
Official Oracle cloud blog.
Oracle offers customers the broadest choice of cloud solutions to simplify IT and power innovation.
- Ten Challenges That Will Rock the Marketing World in 2016
- Take Data Wrangling to the Next Level With Big Data Preparation Cloud Service
- Managed Cloud Integration Service – Essential for the Hybrid Cloud Model
- CFOs: Make the All-Out Leap into Digital Business
- Bellevue University Leverages Cloud Solution to Improve Educational and Back-End System Functionality While Reducing Costs
- Being First to Market is no Longer Enough
- Think Application Development is a Risky Business? Well Think Again
- Now Launching Oracle Sites Cloud Service
- Oracle Data Visualization Cloud Service is Now Available
- 5 Steps to Unlock the Value of Data Capital for Your Business