Tuesday Jan 21, 2014
Friday Aug 30, 2013
By Yaldahhakim-Oracle on Aug 30, 2013
Written by: Jeff Erickson
The year is 2092. Scientists have been scanning deep space for decades looking for signals of alien life. Earlier this year they hit pay dirt: a signal both strong and consistent, confirmed as hailing from deep space. The signal jolted the global scientific community and its supporters in government and industry. Big things began to happen. First, an unprecedented coordination of deep space sensors triangulated and pinpointed the signal’s source. It was coming from a planet catalogued 35 years ago by Brazilian researchers and labeled as “earth-like.” Further study confirmed that it is a rocky planet with methane, mild volcanism, and an abundance of water circulating in its atmosphere. The Brazilians called it, appropriately, Terranuvem: the cloud planet. Next, scientists responded to the pulse from Terranuvem with signal of our own. All involved expected it to take 12 years to arrive at the distant world.
Two weeks later their signal changed. Soon after, a hurriedly assembled meeting of the World Council of Nations issued a statement indicating that technology existed to traverse the light-years to Terranuvem. Rumors abound that the tech is from an extraterrestrial source. Now, we’ve learned that a ship is being outfitted to make the journey. It’s humanity’s first voyage to another star system. That’s not just a journey, it’s a quest. Join us for Cloud Odyssey: A Hero's Quest. Follow the adventure on facebook.com/CloudOdyssey. Don't miss the official movie trailer at Oracle OpenWorld. Join us for Cloud Odyssey events coming to a city near you in 2014.
Official Oracle cloud blog.
Oracle offers customers the broadest choice of cloud solutions to simplify IT and power innovation.
- Artificial Intelligence as Core IT
- A Hard Look at HR Processes
- Oracle Managed Cloud Services Wins Frost & Sullivan Innovation & Leadership Cloud Managed Services Award
- How IT Must Change
- Gail Coury, VP, Risk Management, Managed Cloud Services, Oracle to Speak at Women in Leadership and Technology Conference
- What Happens When Big Data Meets Cloud?
- Introducing the Accelerated Buying Experience
- Hands on Cloud Experience: Cloud Attack @ Collaborate16
- Get Powerful, Flexible Protection for Your Data in the Cloud
- The Cloud Inside Your Data Center