Tuesday Jan 21, 2014
Friday Aug 30, 2013
By Yaldahhakim-Oracle on Aug 30, 2013
Written by: Jeff Erickson
The year is 2092. Scientists have been scanning deep space for decades looking for signals of alien life. Earlier this year they hit pay dirt: a signal both strong and consistent, confirmed as hailing from deep space. The signal jolted the global scientific community and its supporters in government and industry. Big things began to happen. First, an unprecedented coordination of deep space sensors triangulated and pinpointed the signal’s source. It was coming from a planet catalogued 35 years ago by Brazilian researchers and labeled as “earth-like.” Further study confirmed that it is a rocky planet with methane, mild volcanism, and an abundance of water circulating in its atmosphere. The Brazilians called it, appropriately, Terranuvem: the cloud planet. Next, scientists responded to the pulse from Terranuvem with signal of our own. All involved expected it to take 12 years to arrive at the distant world.
Two weeks later their signal changed. Soon after, a hurriedly assembled meeting of the World Council of Nations issued a statement indicating that technology existed to traverse the light-years to Terranuvem. Rumors abound that the tech is from an extraterrestrial source. Now, we’ve learned that a ship is being outfitted to make the journey. It’s humanity’s first voyage to another star system. That’s not just a journey, it’s a quest. Join us for Cloud Odyssey: A Hero's Quest. Follow the adventure on facebook.com/CloudOdyssey. Don't miss the official movie trailer at Oracle OpenWorld. Join us for Cloud Odyssey events coming to a city near you in 2014.
Official Oracle cloud blog.
Oracle offers customers the broadest choice of cloud solutions to simplify IT and power innovation.
- Oracle Managed Cloud Services Customer TMEIC Corporation Supports Global Operations with Improved Engineering Project Visibility
- Oracle Cloud Platform Launch Wrap-Up
- Now Launching Oracle Process Cloud Service
- Oracle Managed Cloud Services Customers in the News
- Bimbo Group Optimizes Baked Goods Distribution Costs and Cuts Daily Transport Scheduling Time in Half
- Archer Daniels Midland, Oracle Managed Cloud Customer, Wins Oracle Excellence Award
- Grupo Aeroméxico Approves Purchases in Seconds Instead of Months while Improving Control; Consolidates Financial Data 40% Faster with Managed Cloud Solution
- Opera Software Closes their Financial Books Nearly 3x Faster and Ensures Scalability and High Availability with Oracle Managed Cloud Services
- Shelf Drilling Optimizes Jackup Rig Operations Globally Thanks to Innovative Mix of Cloud Solutions
- The Call for Proposals for Oracle OpenWorld 2015 is Now Open!