Written by: Melissa Bradbury, Marketing Manager, Oracle
Dubai Airports serves more international passengers than any other airport in the world. To keep pace with their continuing growth, Dubai Airports is constantly looking for ways to improve their customer service, throughput and profitability. In 2016, Dubai Airports partnered with Oracle to find a way to automate all employee lifecycle processes, end-to-end with a cloud based solution.
The goals of this solution were:
- Enable efficient management of human resources through state of the art software solutions built on industry best practices.
- Increase Human Resource division’s focus on becoming strategic business partner to business unit and reduce manual work & administrative burden.
- Empower employees –end to end automated/measurable HRD processes.
- Implement next generation of competency driven talent management framework to attract, retain and grow talent.
- Synchronize deployment of manpower (insource, outsource & stakeholders).
Working with Oracle Consulting Services, Dubai Airports built custom desktop and mobile extensions to fill functionality gaps in their off-the-shelf solution using Java Cloud Service, Mobile Cloud Service and SOA Cloud Service. These Oracle PaaS and SaaS services helped Dubai Airports consolidate employee processes and offer them mobile access to their HR records. This complex project went live after only 2 months, and has fully automated Dubai Airports’ employee lifecycle process.
One of the benefits Dubai Airports saw from the project was that SOA Cloud Service was 40% faster in delivering data than Dubai Airports’ on-premise infrastructure.
Java Cloud Service was used to develop a letter module extension to help generate letters and streamline the employee paperwork process. Using this technology, Dubai Airports was able to achieve a reduction in the processing time for the letters from 10 minutes down to 30 seconds.
Watch this video to see their story: