2nd Year Computer Science Interview Skills Weekend at Gregynog
By clive on Nov 18, 2009
This year Paul Humphreys and myself ran objective setting sessions. A bit like life coaching, but without the 100 quid an hour overhead.
So good luck to those who's objectives included
- Propose to his girl friends (maybe I should have pointed him to the Kepner Tregoe process for decision analysis)
- Eat a baby dolphin
- Stop smoking (not sure what, best not to ask)
- Get an industrial year which involves Android
- Finish their assignment by an appropriate date
- Write code to do xxxxx in C,C++, Haskal, Perl, Python, etc and put to on their blog.
it takes all sorts to make a world. Many of the outcomes could have been tighter and better clarified, but it was an exercise in "How"
Both Paul and I also set out our list of 10 each, so I am off to finish my 2 books I have been reading since March and Paul will have dug manure into his allotment if it ever stops raining.