12 years marks a time for some positive affirmations
By clive on Oct 13, 2009
12 years ago to the day I turned up 90 minutes late for my 1st day in the OS Group (clearly a lad from the country who underestimated M25 traffic by quite a lot) at Watchmoor Park. So lets play one of those NLP type positive affirmation games listing the 1st 12 things which come into my head about what has been great about the last 12 years at Sun and hence in no particular order
- CS-CTE, the people, the legacy(not just the mid week beers email alias) and its unspoken philosophy for solving hard problems broadly similar to a synthesis of Von Neumann, Buddhism, a curious Jack Russell Terrier and The Rammones. If it was a religion, I would devote my life to it.
- Rob Hulme
- People called Phil, Andrew and Wayne who appeared at 1st meeting to have larger than life minerals, but in reality don't.
- Hyperactive children called White, Nash and Haslam
- ATS/SGRT/SR/Rational Process/KT
- The Melanson and Gardiner show
- The post cuddly OS Group
- Punjabi National Bank
- Being an OS Ambassador before the program was castrated and had it limbs removed.
- UK Academic customers, even the ones who expect you to commit Harakiri for the C compiler being removed from Solaris 2.0
- Work from Home