DWR NetBeans plugin
By chuk on Mar 06, 2007
This is the initial release of DWR plugin for NetBeans. This version currently supports the following features:
1. Add DWR supports to new or existing JavaEE based web application
2. Multiview editor for dwr.xml file. Currently there are 3 views: Create, Convert and the raw XML file
3. Drag and drop of exported Java objects to JSP pages
In lieu of a screencast, here is a simple text walkthrough:
1. Create a new web application. Add DWR framework
There are other ways of doing this; context menu from the editor and the project editor window.
3. You will now be presented with the DWR editor (see image).
4. Now drag 'Insert Dwr Object' from the palette to a JSP page. A dialog will be displayed (see image).
5. Don't forget the add Dwr library declaration. Drag 'DWR Libraries' to insert engine.js and util.js declarations.
6. Deploy and test
Currently the plugin only supports 'create' with the 'new' operation. Some features that I hope to support in the next version:
1. Exporting Struts form bean
2. A new view in the editor for signatures. I'm still thinking how to create an editor that will intuitively allow me to express conversions
3. Exporting JSF managed beans
You can find the NBM here and the source is available from https://ajax.dev.java.net CVS. I've not tested the plugin extensively on handcrafted dwr.xml file so I'm not sure how robust it is. Please report any bugs you find to me.