Monday Sep 24, 2007
Tuesday May 29, 2007
By user12625760 on May 29, 2007
Now this is a cool job to have. Go around the world and buy bicycles at each location. Use the bike as a form of transport and a way to meet people while you do your research into mobile phone use and then give away the bicycle at the end.
"I buy a lot of bicycles. I have huge time pressures when in these places and I want to engage with the local population as much as possible.
"I find buying a bicycle is a great way to stay in touch with people. We give the bicycles away at end of the study."
I think the hardest part of the job for me might be giving away the bicycles!
Although given the current state of mobile phones I think they may not have done such a good job of this three or so years ago.
This is the old blog of Chris Gerhard. It has mostly moved to http://chrisgerhard.wordpress.com
- This blog has moved
- Workaround for runaway metacity
- More Sun Ray on OpenSolaris build 130 workarounds
- More Sun Ray on OpenSolaris build 130
- Sometimes being on the bleeding edge you get cut.
- ZFS resliver performance improved!
- Automatic virus scanning with c-icap & ZFS
- Twitter as a sysadmin tool?
- So long NIS+, it was fun
- Tracing getipnodesXXXX calls