By user12625760 on Mar 24, 2008
My son got an electronics kit for his birthday that includes a 2A fuse to protect the various components from the 2 AA batteries. Needless to say he managed to blow the fuse pretty quickly and the spare not long after that. I pondered whether I should teach him about tin foil since this is just 3V and poses no real danger but thought it would be a poor thing to teach him until he understand more. I ordered lots of fuses but they have not arrived yet.
Alas he learned it all by himself that a safety pin is a perfect fit.