Blown Fuses

My son got an electronics kit for his birthday that includes a 2A fuse to protect the various components from the 2 AA batteries. Needless to say he managed to blow the fuse pretty quickly and the spare not long after that. I pondered whether I should teach him about tin foil since this is just 3V and poses no real danger but thought it would be a poor thing to teach him until he understand more. I ordered lots of fuses but they have not arrived yet.




Alas he learned it all by himself that a safety pin is a perfect fit.

Comments:

HA !!
What is the rating on that particular safety pin ?

I would say 25A @ 12V but that is open to a poll :D

Send my regards, `Good job!`
Edward.

Posted by EdwardOCallaghan on March 24, 2008 at 09:15 AM GMT #

Chris I am disappointed given your son's pedigree. I think a rusty nail would have been far more suitable.

Posted by Paul Humphreys on March 26, 2008 at 01:45 AM GMT #

Post a Comment:
Comments are closed for this entry.
About

This is the old blog of Chris Gerhard. It has mostly moved to http://chrisgerhard.wordpress.com

Search

Archives
« April 2014
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
    
       
Today