By chiplunkar on Apr 03, 2010
Doing DB tasks after a while gave me a feeling that I am learning few things again..
happens.. ! I guess.
Just to make sure it doesn't happen again,
- I was able to use the Hibernate Toolkit for creating Callable Statement.
- Passing String array is okay, make sure to implement the annonymus class Array
- Don't use commas as separators within an array element
Postgres treats commas as field separators
- Debugging is a challenge, if you have insert statements within, you cannot use commit. Have the inserts inside begin .. end; and from java client, beginTransaction and then commit. The log lines will not appear without commit.
- For substring, use substr (
- If you have create temp table, use create temp table without oid and EXECUTE
For any inserts or other transactions on the temp table, use EXECUTE again.
Otherwise java client or any client will error out saying table with OID not