By chiplunkar on Apr 25, 2008
I have tickets to watch the Bangalore Vs Chennai Clash on Monday right here in Chinnaswamy Stadium ! It's going to be FUN. Match is scheduled to start at 8.00 in the night and the stadium is at a walking distance from the SUN office on Kasturaba Road. Perfect Setup !
The top attractions for me ( not in any order )
- Muralitharan Vs Kallis and Boucher
- Kumbale if he joins Vs Hayden, Dhoni and Hussy
- The crowd and the atmosphere in the floodlights
- The Washington Red Skins Cheerleaders of course
- A chance to appear on a national channel ( by doing crazy acts, and hoping to catch the cameraman's attention ) Let's see how it goes.
A week into the tournament, it's really a major hit all over India. That reminds me, a month back I guess when the Under 19 team was back fresh from the World Cup victory, I managed to talk to Sayyd Iqbal Abdulla in person when both of us were waiting for departure at the Bangalore airport. I also managed to get him and my Son in one frame. He is now part of the Kolkata Knight Riders squad, also featuring the likes of Sourav Ganguly, Rickey Ponting and Chris Geyl soon to join. I am sure this pic is going to be priceless.