By chienr on Jun 17, 2009
The next release of Sun Calendar Server will be CalDAV-based. It is codenamed "Project Aries". We have a beta instance running internally, and with some tinkering, it can work on iPhone 3.0.
To configure for Sun's CalDAV Server:
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap "Add Account...", then "Other"
- Under Calendars, "Add CalDAV Account"
- Enter account information:
- Server: [cal.domain.com]
- User Name: [your username]
- Password: [your password]
- Description: [e.g aries]
- Tap "Next"
Here, if your CalDAV server is configured only on SSL, you might get a "Cannot Connect Using SSL" error. Just ignore and tap Save. Then edit the new CalDAV account, go into "Advanced Settings", change the port from 8443 to 443, and fix the Account URL to this format:
https://cal.domain.com/davserver/dav/principals/[username]/ (don't forget the trailing slash).
Also see this entry by Arnaud on setting up against non-production CalDAV servers.