By chhandomay on Sep 15, 2007
Selected Sun product conversations in blogosphere during last week:
1. Can New Solaris Beat Linux in Server Market? -- ZDNet, 9/11
Dana Blankenhorn and Paula Rooney talks about announcement of Solaris 10 8/07 and how its new features will help enterprise managers in open source.
2. Solaris 10 Update 4 on ESX Server -- blog.scottlowe.org, 9/6
Scott Lowe discusses his experience with Solaris 10 8/07 (Update 4).
3. The BrandZ Framework Enhancements -- Blog'o thnet, 9/12
Julien Gabel talks about Linux support on OpenSolaris (Brand Z) and the upcoming availability on Solaris kernel.
4. Open Source Software For Your Biz -- The Things I Do....., 9/13
This blogger talks about OpenOffice and GooglePack. He explains that they are his favorite alternatives to MS Word.
5. Sun's Network.com is the Way Forward for Grid -- Blade Watch, 9/10
Martin MacLeod touches on the recently developed partnership between Sun and Brookhaven National Laboratory. Both organizations have come together to take advantage of utility computing for StarSim application that involves accumulation and analyzing images of ion collisions.