By chhandomay on Oct 22, 2009
up OpenSolaris Extras Repository for VirtualBox, True-Type Fonts,
Flash & JavaFX SDK
–- thushanfernando.com, 10/16
The blogger demonstrated how to install and configure the OpenSolaris Extras repository in this tutorial, specifically focusing on the repository for VirtualBox, true-type fonts, and the Flash and Java SDK.
2] File ACL...
–- stanley-huang.blogspot.com, 10/15
Stanley Huang responded to a question asking how to copy/backup files with acl, noting that in OpenSolaris “there are several ways to do so,” which he demonstrated in this tutorial.
3. Drupal packages available in OpenSolaris Repositories – at last! –- wcmwire.com, 10/14
The blogger announced the availability of new IPS packages in the OpenSolaris “Contrib” repository, and described how to install them into OpenSolaris 2009.06 in this tutorial.
4. Add OpenSolaris Extras Repository from pkg.sun.com –- rachmatfebrianto.com, 10/13
Blogger Rachmat Febrianto gave instructions on how to access the OpenSolaris repository from pkg.sun.com, as well as how to “see” the available package from the extra repository in this tutorial.
5. [Level 2] How to share screen within 2 sessions -– stanley-huang.blogspot.com, 10/12
Blogger Stanley Huang gave a step-by-step breakdown of how to share screens with a vendor ssh in order to “monitor” the commands for the vendor keyins using OpenSolaris.
6. Expanding your OpenSolaris NAS –- irrationale.com, 10/11
The blogger followed up on his guide to setting up a Solaris NAS by demonstrating how to change out a failed disk, which he also said mimics changing out smaller disks for larger ones, as well as the addition of disks to the NAS pool.
7. Create tar.gz in OpenSolaris –- .rasyid.net, 10/11
The blogger demonstrated how to make a backup for a public_html directory in OpenSolaris using a tar.gz command.