Tips and Tricks from JavaFX Developers
By chhandomay on Mar 04, 2009
let Java ruin your JavaFX -- Per Lundholm's blog, 2/28
Per Lundholm is developing Planning Poker game using JavaFX and a problem shows up in the chat section implementation. He needs to provide a JavaFX class that receives callbacks from Java and shows his solution in this post.
fun learning JavaFX! -- Santiago Pericas-Geertsen's Blog, 2/27
To learn JavaFX, Santiago Pericas-Geertsen creates a simple Space Invader-like video game and shares his JavaFX source code.
3. Calling JavaFX from Java -- Java and more..., 2/27
Peter Karich shows a solution to embed JavaFX components in Swing.
4. Playing Media with Java Media Components -- informIT, 2/27
Java Media Components (JMC) project has the goal of providing basic media playback support for JavaFX applications. In this introduction, Jeff Friesen drills down into JMC to create experimental media players.
5a. JavaFX - Hello World -- Sudheer Dhurjati's Blog, 2/24
5b. Sun's new scripting language - JavaFX
Oracle's Sudheer Dhurjati experiments with JavaFX.
6. JavaFX Regular Expression Tester -- Alexyz's Techblog, 2/25
The blogger shows how to develop a simple JavaFX application that has two text input field -- one for the regular expression and one for the text to match.
7. JavaFX asynchronous chat client -- Johan's blog, 2/19
While creating a JavaFX chat client, Johan encountered a few challenges. In this post, he goes over the solutions, specifically how to get asynchronous communication and callback working in JavaFX.
8. Visualizing Sub Prime Losses with JavaFX -- Chui's counterpoint, 2/18
Chui Tey goes over code snippets to analyze the rectangle visualzation program (depicting various bank's sub-prime losses) he developed using JavaFX.
9. Syntax Matters: JavaFX Script -- Jack of All Tirades, 2/16
10. Migrating to the JavaFX 1.1 Release -- Steve on Java, 2/14
In a must-read for JavaFX early adopters, Stephen Chin details the subtle changes in the compiler with recommended workarounds. The post complements the official Sun release notes well.
11. Turn A Swing App Into JavaFX In Five Lines Of Code -- Simon's Blog, 2/14
Simon Brocklehurst shows how easy it is to get started on JavaFX and integrate it with Swing.