This week's tips & tricks from JavaFX developers
By chhandomay on Mar 12, 2009
collection of tips & tricks on JavaFX from developers trying it out.
1. JavaFX Balls v2.0: Better benchmarking, Mobile support -- Osvaldo Pinali Doederlein's Blog, 3/4
Osvaldo improved the bubblemark benchmark and made a mobile version. Check out the results.
Reader Mail about the JavaFX Reflection API -- Jim Weaver's JavaFX
Jim Weaver has a detailed post on how to use the reflection APIs in JavaFX.
3. Keep your JavaFX code clean -- Exploding Pixels, 3/5
Following the recommendations in Bob Martin's "Clean Code" book, Ken suggests ways to write clean JavaFX code.
4. Syntax Matters: JavaFX Script -- Sal's Super Stuff, 3/7
5. My Triangle Space Ship - JavaFX media sound -- Carl's FX Blog, 3/8
Carl used JavaFX to make an "Asteroids" type game, and shared a reminder that rotation was measured in degrees so converting them to radian measure was the key to making velocity correct.
6. The First & Basic Overview Of JavaFX -- The Coders Blog, 3/8
A good JavaFX overview for starters by Venu Thomas.
7. What Does JavaFX Mean For You? -- JavaLobby, 3/9
James Sugrue discusses the key points that make JavaFX a good technology choice for Java developers.
8. Holiday fun with JavaFX -- Eric Wendelin's Blog, 3/10
Eric Wendelin has a nice little JavaFX application and he shares the source code.