How-To and Reviews from VirtualBox User Community
By chhandomay on Jun 22, 2009
1. VirtualBox 3.0.0 Beta 1 for Linux: Easy installation, operation and convenient graphical interface -- Linuxinet.com, 6/17The blogger writes that VirtualBox is characterized by its “easy installation, operation, and convenient graphical interface.” He says the free utility can make you “totally independent” and notes that there are a number of different operating systems supported by the program.
2. Installing and configuring VirtualBox for virtual OSes -- ghacks.net, 6/14
Installing a Windows XP as a virtual machine on VirtualBox -- ghacks.net, 6/15
Install Guest Additions for a Better VirtualBox Experience -- ghacks.net, 6/17
Jack Wallen wrote several “inside look” and tutorials on VirtualBox, including setup and installation of the software and guess OSes. He also looked at how to optimize the virtual machine saying “the implications of this software are only as limited as the imagination of the user.” He demonstrates how to change the default settings concluding that “with the help of VirtualBox you can, effectively, have your cake and eat it too.”
– Free virtualization software for Mac OSX -- Free Software
The blogger has posted a video that covers the highlights of VirtualBox which he calls “a rattling solidified competitor to Parallels or VMware Fusion at no outlay for bag users.”
4. virtualbox with vista: driver for system controller required -- Willing wheels, 6/14
The blogger reported having problems getting into his native host resolution but then discovered “going to your native resolution is in fact a lot easier than you think.” He then lays out the steps to change the resolution noting “you do NOT need to change the resolution from within the guest.”
5. WYMWTTLinux - #5 Sun VirtualBox -- The Giornale, 6/13
The blogger notes that VirtualBox lets a user run “for example, Windows XP, alongside other OSes you might want to install, inside a Linux OS.” The blogger then goes through the procedure to download and install VirtualBox as well as a virtual machine OS, and provides screen shots for every step in the process.
6. VirtualBox in 3 minutes! -- nudepenguin.net, 6/13
The blogger has uploaded a short video to YouTube that shows how to set up VirtualBox. The blogger notes you just “need a different OS to play with or test,” and that you can just “use the iso with VirtualBox for quicker boot.”
7. How to Install Fedora 11 KDE on VirtualBox 2.2 -- Kombitz, 6/12
Fedora 11 and VirtualBox 2.2 Guest Additions -- Kombitz, 6/12
The blogger says VirtualBox is a good choice for those who “want to try Fedora 11 without buying a new machine or partitioning your hard drive,” and gives an in-depth tutorial with screen shots at every step on how to install Fedora 11KDE on VirtualBox 2.2. In the second article, the blogger goes through the steps to install VirtualBox 2.2 Guest Additions on a Fedora 11 virtual machine and again provides screen shots for every step in the installation process.