By Chetan Chadalavada on Feb 14, 2009
Wanna add your favorite video onto the WebSpace Portal or display a flash video ad... follow these steps to add a simple flash player to play your flv files. For better understanding on using Content Management System, Web Content Display Portlet just skim through KLV's blog
Download and install latest webspace install here.
In this post I am going to use jw flash player for demo. Download the free player and do the following:
1. Upload player.swf(from downloaded jwplayer) to document library and note the url from the file details.
2. Upload your flv file to document library and note the url from the file details.
Create a Structure:
1. Login as email@example.com
2. Go to Control Panel.
3. Select Web Content from left navigation under Content category.
4. Select Structures tab to create a new structure for FLV player user inputs.
5. Click on Add Structure.
6. Check Autogenerate ID, provide Name("FLV Player Structure") and Description.
7. Click on Add Row. Provide Name as "file". Select type from dropdown as "Text".
8. Click on Add Row again. Provide Name as "player". Select type from dropdown as "Text".
9. Click on Save.
Create a Template:
1. Select Templates tab -> Click on Add Template button.
2. In the Template form, check Autogenerate ID, Name("FLV Player"), Description.
3. Click on Select button and select the Structure created above.
4. Click on Launch Editor. Here you can create the vm template.
5. Clear the commented text and copy the following in it.
<embed width="100%" height="300" align="center" flashvars="file=$file.data" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="opaque" scalemode="showall"
movie="$player.data" swliveconnect="false" salign="" menu="false" play="false" loop="true"
devicefont="true" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" base="." quality="best" name="player" id="player" style=""
6. Click on Update button which closes the editor and Click Save button in the Template form.
We are ready to Add Content to the template which we have created just now.
Add Web Content:
1. In the same Templates tab Click on Actions button next to the template created above.
2. In the context menu populated select "Add Web Content".
3. In the Web Content form provide Name("My Video"), in File text field enter your flv file context path location, the document library url of flv video uploaded.
4. Provide the player URL with the document library url of player.swf file.
5. Click on Save and Approve button.
We are done with Control Panel part and now we are ready to display the video content onto the portal.
1. Go to your page or create a new page by clicking on Add Page.
2. Go to Menu -> Add Application -> Content Management and add Web Content Display portlet.
3. Click on Configuration on the portlet -> Select the WebContent("My Video") you created above.
4. We just added content to the Web Content Display portlet. Click on Return to full Page.