OpenGrok 0.2.1 released!
By chandan on Dec 05, 2005
This release fixes bugs reported in the initial release. Many thanks to Wez Furlong of PHP for finding a cross-site scripting issue; Despite hours spent on making it secure, I added a one debugging statement and forgot to remove it - that caused the issue :-( Wez also reported issues with CVS library which have been fixed. Andy Tucker suggested many improvements and reported bugs. Some of these were traced to bugs in exuberant ctags, and are noted in known issues.
Changes in 0.2.1
Changes in 0.2.1
- Fixes a XSS security issue (reported by Wez Furlong)
- Fixes bug where some CVS revisions could not be retrieved
- Fixes bug in handling CVS long histories (reported by Wez Furlong)
- Handles extra characters in CVS symbol names (reported by Wez Furlong)
- More robust EFTAR file handling (reported by Andy Tucker)
- Throws more helpful error messages
- Tomcat 4.x compatibility fixes
- Minor fixes to hypertexting code that handles strings
- Fixed bug that ignored symlinked SRC_ROOT (reported by Michael Allen)
- Now runs on Microsoft Windows
- A new CSS theme.
- Interim support for PHP and OpenSolaris Assembler code.
- Single distributable file to keep things simple
- Due to Exuberant ctags bug 1324663, OpenGrok might keep waiting for ctags. Workaround is to ignore the problem causing SQL files with -i option to OpenGrok.
- Due to Exuberant ctags bug 1187505 ctags fails to recognize certain definitions. So OpenGrok will not be able search these
- If the indexing using opengrok.jar (or run.sh) is interrupted in the middle, a lucene lock file is left over; next time you run the opengrok.jar, it would give an error message saying "Lock obtain timed out ...". It is OK to remove the lock file mentioned in the error message and run the indexer again, if no other processing is trying to update the Lucene index