Monday Feb 01, 2016
Friday Dec 18, 2015
By evachase-Oracle on Dec 18, 2015
What a headline! 5 Reasons Certifications Aren’t Worth It. This definitely got my attention. I had to read more. The 5 reasons according to the author, David Bolton are:
Technology Moves Too Fast
2. The Certifiers Are… Who?
3. Employers Don’t Really Care
4. It’s a Rip-Off
5. It Only Proves You Can Pass Tests
We believe certification isn't a waste of your time. Here's why.
If your business is in IT Services or Support keeping your skills and knowledge up-to-date is critical. The fast pace of technology is actually a good reason to stay-up-date with your certification. There's great personal risk of becoming obsolete by not keeping up with new features and new technology.
An Oracle Certification is industry recognized, We have 2 million people across the globe who have achieved an Oracle certification credential. This is a certification that won’t be worthless when the next big thing comes along. 97% of the Fortune 500 companies run Oracle solutions.
Our experience is that employers care very much about certification. Your personal reputation definitely helps, but what about when you are trying to win business or go for a new job? We learn in many ways these days but certification is still an industry recognized benchmark of knowledge and technical skill.
We try hard to keep it fair. It’s true some people are better at test taking than others. In all our exams the odds of passing are low without hands on experience. Oracle Certification exams are developed by a group of Subject Matter Experts who follow the strict industry standard process. A lot of work goes into building an exam. Exams are repeatedly reviewed following psychometric guidelines to ensure only the best questions are used.
According to “Value of IT Certifications,” CompTIA, October 14, 2014, 93% of hiring managers believe an IT certification is worth it too.
Friday Nov 13, 2015
By evachase-Oracle on Nov 13, 2015
I recently came across an article that caught my eye After a long slump, IT certification pay bounces back by Robert Gates. Pay and certification are two topics that are dear to my heart so I read on. The article looks into the value of non-certified skills vs. certified skills. “The value of non-certified skills went up nearly 4% in the past year compared to 10% for certified skills, according to a survey of pay rates for about 200,000 jobs across 2,800 employers by Foote Partners, LLC in Vero Beach, Fla.”
Why is IT Certification value going up? According to David Foote co-founder and analyst, Foote Partners LLC “It means the certifications are getting a little more respect. Clearly, the market has a much different view of certified skills versus non-certified skills.”
Why should this topic be important to you? Here’s a couple of highlights:
- "IT certification pay has rebounded after slumping for years, as non-certified skills, such as expertise with operating systems and databases, continue to grow.”
- "The list of 378 certified skills in Foote's survey remains dominated by large vendors, including Cisco, Cloudera Inc., EMC, Oracle, Red Hat Inc. and VMware.”
What does an Oracle certification provide you with in regards to certified skills? Oracle is an industry leader. Whether your skills and experience lie in database or java the market demand is high. We have training and exams that you can build on.
- Our core certification program structure starts with the Oracle Certified Associate credential that shows you have fundamental skills and a strong foundation.
- The next step is Oracle Certified Professional that builds on this foundation to measure a deeper more specific possession of skill.
- Then we have the Oracle Certified Master certification which validates you demonstrate these skills and can do the required tasks.
Friday Oct 23, 2015
By evachase-Oracle on Oct 23, 2015
Why do we think the new digital badge will be important to you? According to LinkedIn, those with certification receive 6x more LinkedIn profile views. Add your new digital badge with its easily verifiable summary of skills and we think that's pretty powerful.
You can display your new digital badge on popular social media sites as you wish. It’s free to you as a benefit of being Oracle certified, it’s pretty painless to begin using, and it eliminates the possibility of any fraudulent certification claims. If you're not Oracle certified you will not be able to use it.
Did you receive a new digital badge?
We’d like to hear how your experience has been. Do you think your new digital badge is great?
Friday Sep 04, 2015
By evachase-Oracle on Sep 04, 2015
5 Things You Need to Know Now:
- This Oracle Certification job market is hot! Check out What’s Happening to Salaries for IT Professionals?
- We’ve released a new 12c Performance Management & Tuning Exam! Add this skill to your Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Professional arsenal. Demonstrate that you have the skills for Oracle Database performance analysis, management, and tuning for optimal performance in a complex environment.
- We are here to help to you! Training is available for performance analysis and tuning tasks.
- A quick search on a popular job search website for 'Oracle Database Performance Tuning' resulted in over 39,000 available positions.
- You receive access 90 days free access to Oracle Streams for every new OCP, OCE, OCS or OCM certification you earn!
Maximize your DBA skills to get the job!
Wednesday Sep 02, 2015
By evachase-Oracle on Sep 02, 2015
With Java celebrating its 20th year there is no doubt about the world’s commitment to this technology.
Java skills are in demand more than ever and holding a certification definitely gets you noticed in the job market.
If you’re a Java SE7 OCP Programmer and looking to show the world your commitment to Java technology this exam is for you.
The Upgrade to Java SE8 OCP Programmer|1Z0-810 exam allows you 150 minutes to answer the 81 questions and you need a 65% to pass.
Act before December 31st, 2015 to receive a 20% discount on the price of this exam.
Visit education.oracle.com/java20 to view discount details
Wednesday Jun 17, 2015
By evachase-Oracle on Jun 17, 2015
I recently read a great article By Matthew Morris in GoCertify “More than Just Database: A Beginner's Guide to Oracle Certification “that I couldn’t help but share.
Matthew brings up some great points in his article:
- Salary! Oracle DBAs and developers get paid more according to job openings he’s seen.
- How to Get Noticed with Zero Work Experience. An Oracle database certification can open doors for landing your first developer or DBA job.
- Explanation of Certification levels in an easy to consume fashion. Let’s face it with so many options it’s hard to know where to start.
- Matching Certification to Your Career and Interests. The benefit of having so many options with exams and levels is that there really is something for us all, no matter where you are on your career path.
There's lots of exciting things happening in Oracle University with new
training offerings, formats and exams.
Have you seen our announcement for Oracle Cloud Learning Subscriptions - Database Cloud Complete Edition? This subscription will help you learn about your Oracle Database Cloud service and how to use it so that you can gain the necessary skills to successfully administer your cloud databases as you transition to the Cloud.
Official blog of the Oracle Certification Program
- Java SE 8 Certification: Answers to Your Most Common Questions
- How Important is Your Oracle Database Certification?
- What's New With Oracle Certification - January 2016
- Exam Retirement: Sun Storage 6000 Arrays Essentials | 1Z0-563
- Are You Enjoying the Benefits of Your Digital Badge?
- Are Certifications a Waste of Your Time?
- Prepare for Success – Ace Your Next Oracle Certification Exam
- What's New With Oracle Certification - December 2015
- Are You Ready For the Next Level?
- Pearson VUE Data Breach – No Impact on Oracle Certification Program