Oracle Retires Oracle Internet Application Developer Rel. 6i OCP Track
By Harold Green on May 06, 2009
Oracle has retired the Oracle Internet Application Developer Rel. 6i Certified Professional (OCP) certification track and its related exams.
Those working with Oracle PL/SQL and Forms are encouraged to earn the newer Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate (OCA), Oracle Advanced PL/SQL Developer Certified Professional (OCP), and Oracle Forms Developer Certified Professional (OCP) certifications.
On April 30, 2009, Oracle retired the following four exams:
- 1Z0-001 – Introduction to Oracle: SQL and PL/SQL
- 1Z0-101 – Develop PL/SQL Program Units
- 1Z0-131 – Build Internet Applications I
- 1Z0-132 – Build Internet Applications II
Exams 1Z0-001 and 1Z0-101 were also part of several Oracle certification tracks that are not being retired. Those who passed these exams prior to April 30, 2009 were awarded credit towards the non-retired certification tracks.
ALTERNATES FOR EXAM 1Z0-001
Exam 1Z0-001 was only one of four SQL-related exam options; the remaining exam options currently available are:
- 1Z0-007 – Introduction to Oracle9i SQL
- 1Z0-047 – Oracle Database SQL Expert
- 1Z0-051 – Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I
Please note that for those holding the Internet Application Developer Rel. 6i OCP certification that the credential remains valid indefinitely. This retirement therefore has no effect on those currently holding the certification or who completed the certification requirements before April 30.
- Register For Exams: Prometric Testing
- Certification Tracks
- Certification Exams
- Learn More: Oracle Certification Retirements