Java, Oracle Solaris, MySQL and Other Former Sun Certification Exam Registrations Now Available At Pearson VUE
By Harold Green on May 17, 2011
Java, Oracle Solaris, MySQL, and NetBeans certification exams are now available for registration through our new test delivery vendor (Pearson VUE) and soon will no longer be available through Prometric. Visit pearsonvue.com/oracle now to find more information, register for an exam and locate a testing center in your area. Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions that we've recently received:
- Action Required: If you don't already have a Pearson VUE web account, please create one now in order to migrate your previous Prometric account into your new Pearson VUE profile. Select MyAccount on pearsonvue.com/oracle, select Create A New Web Account and follow the prompts to create a profile and enter your contact information. Refer to these detailed steps for reference.
- Existing Pearson VUE accounts: If you already have a Pearson VUE web account as the result of taking an exam for Oracle or another organization:
- Use that same web account to schedule any future exams. If you have forgotten your username or password, please select the “I forgot my username” or “I forgot my password” rather than creating a duplicate account (which could delay your certification).
you are logged into your Pearson VUE account, make note of your Oracle Testing ID
Number, listed at the top of the page immediately after logging in. This unique identifier is important for all of
your Oracle testing records.
- Processing times: Please note that due to high volumes, creating a new Pearson VUE web account and processing the merges of some Pearson VUE accounts may take longer than the standard one-day turnaround time to process.
- Exam vouchers: Oracle exam vouchers authorized for Prometric testing centers will continue to be valid at Pearson VUE until the printed voucher expiration date.
- Important Dates: To help prepare you for this transition, here are some important dates for you to be aware of:
- If you are currently following a certification path and are planning to take an exam on/after June 1: Registration has begun at Pearson VUE for all scheduled exams on or after June 1. Visit pearsonvue.com/oracle to create a new web account and get started.
- If you are currently registered to take an exam with Prometric or planning to take an exam before June 1: You can continue to register at Prometric through May 23, 2011 (walk-in registrations will be permitted through May 31, 2011), but you must complete your exam by May 31, 2011.
- Certification and Exam History: Certification history (not exam history) from Prometric is automatically being ported over into Oracle's CertView system and will be available for viewing soon (date TBD). Note that this previous certification history from Prometric will NOT be available for viewing online at Pearson VUE.
- Terminology - Pearson VUE "web account/log-in" versus "candidate profile": On Pearson VUE's website, your "candidate profile" is your actual certification demographic data, whereas the web account/log-in we're asking you to create is simply the log-in credentials that you need in order to access that profile. If you already have a profile at Pearson VUE, please do not create a second one as it will create a delay as the duplicates get resolved.