BEA Certification to Integrate with Oracle Certification in December
By Harold Green on Nov 18, 2008
On December 1, 2008, the integration of BEA Certification with Oracle certification will be complete. On this date, Oracle will re-launch four BEA certifications and republish their corresponding exams under the Oracle Certification program.
The four BEA certifications receiving new Oracle Certified Expert (OCE) titles include:
- Oracle WebLogic Server 10g Developer Certified Expert
- Oracle WebLogic Portal 10g Developer Certified Expert
- Oracle WebLogic Server 10g System Administrator Certified Expert
- Oracle SOA Architect Certified Expert
Current BEA certification information is available on our website.
As part of the transition to Oracle, five BEA certification exams were retired on September 30, 2008. These exams are no longer available:
- 0B0-101 BEA Certified Developer: Build Solutions for BEA WebLogic 8.1
- 0B0-102 BEA Certified Developer: Portal Solutions for BEA WebLogic 8.1
- 0B0-103 BEA Certified Developer: Integration Solutions for BEA WebLogic 8.1/8.5
- 0B0-104 BEA Certified Administrator: System Administration for BEA WebLogic 8.1
- 0B0-105 BEA Certified Architect: Enterprise Architecture for BEA WebLogic 8.1
Note that the retirement of these exams does not affect the status of existing BEA certifications. Those certifications remain valid without expiration and are fully recognized by Oracle.
NEW PROCESS TO UPDATE PROFILE
On November 8, the I7 Learning Profile for BEA certified candidates was retired and is no longer available. Candidates can now view their exam history and update demographic information on their Prometric profiles at www.prometric.com.
BEA CERTIFICATION EXAM REGISTRATION CHANGE
You are no longer required to purchase examination vouchers from Education Services for BEA certifications. Those who have already purchased an exam voucher (which has not yet expired) from BEA Education you can still use this code when registering for your exam at Prometric until November 30, 2008.
BEA EXAM VOUCHERS
Also effective December 1, 2008, any unexpired BEA exam voucher that has not been redeemed will no longer be valid. Oracle will replace these unexpired/unredeemed vouchers with new vouchers that are valid for Oracle certification exams. All vouchers that have not been redeemed and have not expired (by November 30, 2008) will be replaced by January 30, 2009.
More information on the BEA certification transition can be found on the Oracle Certification Blog and the Oracle Certification website. Specifics on BEA exam vouchers, BEA candidate profiles, and similar transitional topics can be found on our website.