Java EE 7 Job Task Analysis Survey Announcement – Participants Needed
By Brandye Barrington-Oracle on Sep 24, 2013
[Editors Note: This survey has ended.]
Oracle Certification and Server Technologies Curriculum Development are working together to build two new Java EE7 Certification exams and surrounding courseware.
Certification provides a proven industry recognized measure of ability and skills. These Java Enterprise Edition certifications are highly sought after by individuals and companies alike. We know that as a candidate - you spend considerable time and expense learning and practicing your skills before attempting to take a certification exam, so it is essential that these exams truly measure the skills required by your job role.
Each certification exam is developed by Oracle experts and is put through a rigorous qualification process before being released. Oracle Certification provides you with credentials backed by Oracle, and provides you with the security that you, your employees and new-hires have the skills and knowledge to be successful with Oracle technology.
An Oracle certification is typically associated with a particular role related to a single technology. In the case of Java EE7, the technology is very broad and comprehensive. We are looking to you and the industry to validate our definition of these job roles. Our assumption and preliminary investigation shows that programmers and developers working with Java EE technology design and create applications using front-end technologies and/or server-side enterprise technologies.
To that end, we have created a survey to help quantify the relative importance and depth of the technologies that relate to front-end and server-side development with Java EE7.
We are asking Java Professionals to spend 10-15 minutes to complete this survey to help to define the scope of the new certifications. In particular, we are interested in individuals who are:
- Currently working with Java EE 7 technology or have plans to develop with Java EE 7 in the near future.
- Ideal candidates have 2-4 years experience with the previous Java EE technology versions.
- Should be well-versed in development trends.
- Recruiting and/or hiring candidates to develop Java EE 7 applications.
- Ideal candidates have 2-4 years experience hiring Java developers into a variety of roles, including front-end and server-side development.
- Should be technically savvy and be able to articulate the skills and knowledge they believe are required to staff successful Java Enterprise Edition front-end and server-side projects.
- Should have an opinion about the direction the industry is headed.