FAQs: Sun Certifications (Part 2)
By Harold Green on Sep 17, 2010
Hi everyone - as you know, we have been busy recently re-branding the Sun certifications into the Oracle Certification Program. We're getting some good questions and thought we could help by answering them here. (We will also soon be adding them onto the FAQ section of the Oracle Certification Web site)
Will my certificate be from Sun or Oracle?
It depends on when you complete the last certification requirement for your track:
- If you completed all of your Java, Oracle Solaris, Oracle Solaris Cluster, MySQL, NetBeans and OpenOffice.org exams before September 1, 2010, you will receive a Sun-branded certification kit.
- If you completed your last exam for these tracks on or after September 1, 2010, you will receive an Oracle certification kit.
Will I receive a hard copy or soft copy certificate?
After November 30, 2010, reshipment requests for copies of legacy Sun-branded certificates will be fulfilled electronically. This only applies to reshipment requests for Sun-branded certificates. Those earning Oracle-branded Java, Oracle Solaris or MySQL certificates will continue to receive hard-copy certificates.
What if my new certification is not being displayed in CertManager?
If your certification is not displaying in CertManager, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to determine why your certification has not yet been granted. Please include your full name, certification credential, and testing ID.
When will I receive my certificate?
You should receive your certificate approximately 6-8 weeks after passing the final certification exam in your path.
If it has been 4 weeks since CertManager shows that your kit shipped, please (1) verify your physical shipping address and (2) contact email@example.com immediately to request a reshipment if you would like to receive a hard copy of your kit.
I have not received my certification success kit. What do I do?
If your package has not yet arrived, it could be for one of the following reasons:
- Less than 6-8 weeks has elapsed since taking your certification exam.
- You have not completed all of the requirements for the certification exam track. Go to CertManager and select "Cert Progress" to view remaining requirements.
- Your address is incorrect in our database and your certificate might have been returned. Go to CertManager and select "Personal Info" to update your address and request another certificate.
- On November 30, 2010, candidates who earned Sun-branded certifications begin receiving their certifications through email (hard copies of certificates will no longer be sent).
- It might not have been mailed. Go to CertManager, select Show Fulfillment History, then Test History to check on the mailing status.
- If you still have not received your certificate after the waiting period and your address is correct in the CertManager database, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your Prometric ID number in your message.
If you have not received your certification success kit within 6-8 weeks of completing your all certification requirements, please login to CertManager to check your certification status and the status of your success kit (under "History"). If your kit was mailed more than 4 weeks ago, please verify your mailing address and contact email@example.com to request a reshipment. Please provide your name, Prometric ID, the certification in question, and confirm that you have verified or updated your address.
Ed. note: September 29, 2010 - updated text in "Will I receive a hard copy or soft copy certificate?" for clarity