Oracle is pleased to announce that all candidates will now receive access to an electronic version of their Oracle Certification credential - an Oracle eCertificate - upon completion of all certification requirements. As a candidate, you can now download and print your Certificate and begin displaying your earned credential right away.
You will be sent an email notification when your eCertificate is available for download from Oracle's candidate self-service tool, CertView
. eCertificate notifications are sent to the email address you provided in your Pearson VUE profile
You may also request a printed copy of your certificate using the process outlined in your eCertificate notification email. Printed copies may be requested once per certification earned and will be sent via standard mail. Allow up to 8 weeks for the printed certificate to arrive by mail.
Why has Oracle made this change?
This process change will allow you to receive and begin using your certificates several weeks faster as compared to the printed certificates process.
When will I receive the eCertificate?
Your eCertificate will be sent to the email address that you have provided in your Pearson VUE profile
, within 3-4 days of completing all your certification requirements (including training and submission of the course submission form if training is required for your certification path).
What if I have not received the eCertificate and more than a week has passed since I completed all certification requirements?
There are several explanations for your eCertificate not arriving:
- Your certification has not yet been granted.
- Check the Certifications Achieved page under the Certification Activity tab in CertView to ensure that you have completed all your requirements and the certification is showing on this page.
- If the certification is not showing on this page, it's possible that you have not completed all of your requirements, or that your requirements were completed under different/multiple Oracle Testing IDs.
- Go to the Oracle Certification Website and determine if you have completed all the required steps in your path.
- Ensure that you only have ONE Oracle Testing ID. If you have multiple IDs, you will need to request to have the IDs merged so that all of your requirements show up under the same CertView account.
- You are expecting the email to arrive at an address different from the one in your Pearson VUE Profile.
- Please go to your Pearson VUE Profile and confirm that you are checking the email box for the email address listed in your profile.
- If you have not received the email, you can go to CertView and go to the Certifications Achieved page under the Certification Activity. On this page, you will be able to download your eCertificate.
- Your email client is blocking the email for some reason.
- If you have not received the notification email within 3-4 days, simply go to CertView and go to the Certifications Achieved page under the Certification Activity. On this page, you will be able to download your eCertificate.
What should I do if I have not received the requested printed certificate?
First, you should allow up to 8 weeks for the printed certificate to arrive by mail. If you have not received it in the 8-week time frame, contact Oracle Certification Support
to find out the status of the certificate or to request another shipment.