Wednesday Nov 25, 2015
Wednesday Nov 11, 2015
By Brandye Barrington-Oracle on Nov 11, 2015
The Java SE 5 and EE 5 exams and credentials listed below retire on March 1, 2016. If you have been planning to earn one of these credentials do it now. A better option may be to consider the more current credential listed in the 'New Versions' column below.
Schedule your exams well before the retirement date to allow for an exam retake if one is needed. The 14-day retake policy will be enforced.
Newer Versions of Retiring Exams
|1Z0-810 Upgrade Java SE 7 to Java SE 8 OCP Programmer or
1Z0-813 Upgrade to Java SE 8 OCP ( Java SE 6 and all prior versions)
|1Z0-897 Java EE 6 Web Services Developer Certified Expert|
|1Z0-807 Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Certified Master|
Newer Versions of Retiring Credentials
| Oracle Certified Master, Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect
Friday Oct 23, 2015
By evachase-Oracle on Oct 23, 2015
Why do we think the new digital badge will be important to you? According to LinkedIn, those with certification receive 6x more LinkedIn profile views. Add your new digital badge with its easily verifiable summary of skills and we think that's pretty powerful.
You can display your new digital badge on popular social media sites as you wish. It’s free to you as a benefit of being Oracle certified, it’s pretty painless to begin using, and it eliminates the possibility of any fraudulent certification claims. If you're not Oracle certified you will not be able to use it.
Did you receive a new digital badge?
We’d like to hear how your experience has been. Do you think your new digital badge is great?
Thursday Oct 22, 2015
By Sheryl Domingue-Oracle on Oct 22, 2015
Training: It’s not too late to register for a Database Exam Cram or
Java Exam Cram on Sunday, October 25th at Golden Gate University. View
the session details and register here: Oracle University, or Java University. A Kaplan Selftest representative will be on-site. Ask about practice exams and conference offers.
Session: Join Simon Roberts, President of Dancing Cloud Services for
Java SE 8: Keeping Pace with the Technology on Tuesday, October 27th,
7:00p.m. @ Hilton—Continental Ballroom 4. [BOF10064].
- Exclusive Offer: Add a $100 exam voucher to your registration package or purchase at the conference. See details on the Oracle OpenWorld and JavaOne registration page.
- Ask Oracle Certification experts about new exams, digital badging, conference offers, and more!
Selftest will be on-site at the OTN Community Café in the Java Hub,
Monday, October 26th and Tuesday, October 27th starting at 2:00pm.
- Ask us about Oracle Press conference offers. Here are a few sample chapters to check out now!
- OCA/OCP Oracle Database 12c All-in-One Exam Guide by Bob Bryla, John Watson, Roopesh Ramklass
- OCP Oracle Database 12c Advanced Administration Exam Guide by Bob Bryla
- Oracle Database 12c DBA Handbook by Bob Bryla
- OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide by Edward Finegan, Robert Liguori
- Raspberry Pi with Java: Programming the Internet of Things (IoT) by James Weaver, Stephen Chin
Tuesday Oct 13, 2015
By Brandye Barrington-Oracle on Oct 13, 2015
See what’s in beta now, view exams just released into production, get information on current promotions or learn about new certifications below.
Oracle Database 12c Maximum Availability Certified Master
Friday Oct 09, 2015
By Sheryl Domingue-Oracle on Oct 09, 2015
Oracle Certification will be at Oracle OpenWorld and JavaOne, San Francisco.
Here is where you can find us.
- Oracle OpenWorld: DEMOgrounds Database area with Oracle University
- JavaOne: Java Hub in the OTN Community Café
Start preparations for your next Oracle Certification exam during the conference. Here is how:
- Attend a Preconference Session Exam Cram. Register for a Database Exam Cram or Java Exam Cram.
- Have questions about Practice Exams? Ask Kaplan! A representative will be on-site at Golden Gate University on Sunday, October 25.
- Take Advantage of an Exclusive Offer. Add a $100 exam voucher to your registration package or purchase at the conference. See details on the Oracle OpenWorld and JavaOne registration page.
Check back for more updates! We’ll see you soon.
Thursday Oct 01, 2015
By Brandye Barrington-Oracle on Oct 01, 2015
Register by November 30, 2015 and take the exam by December 31, 2015.
Passing this exam, in combination with passing a SQL exam (Oracle Database 12c: SQL Fundamentals | 1Z0-061, Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I | 1Z0-051, Oracle Database SQL Expert | 1Z0-047) earns you the Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate certification.
Schedule your exam well before the registration end date of November 30, 2015 to allow for an exam retake if one is needed. The 14-day retake policy will be enforced, and if you fail the exam after November 30, 2015, you will not be able to schedule a retake.
Alternatively, consider changing your strategy and prepare for Oracle Database 11g: Program with PL/SQL | 1Z0-144, which replaces exam 1Z0-147 in the Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate path.
Official blog of the Oracle Certification Program
- Pearson VUE Data Breach – No Impact on Oracle Certification Program
- Is Out of Date Really Out of Luck?
- Is Higher Pay Worth Getting Oracle Certified?
- Complete Your Java 5 Certification Before it Retires March 2016
- Expand Your Certification To The Cloud
- What’s So Great About Your New Digital Badge?
- Oracle Certification at Oracle OpenWorld and JavaOne, San Francisco
- ACTION REQUIRED: Final Reminder to Keep Your Certification Active
- What's New With Oracle Certification - October 2015
- Save 35% on Your Oracle Database Certification Upgrade