Tuesday Dec 17, 2013
Wednesday Nov 27, 2013
By Brandye Barrington-Oracle on Nov 27, 2013
- Certification Path: Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate
- Certification Beta Exam: Oracle Database 12c: Installation and Administration (1Z1-062)
- Certification Exam: Oracle Database 12c: SQL Fundamentals (1Z0-061)
- Registration: pearsonvue.com/oracle
- More Information: Beta Testing
Thursday Aug 08, 2013
By Harold Green on Aug 08, 2013
We recently had a conversation with Kaplan's Aima Rotella on developing Oracle Certification Practice exams. We wanted to share how their practice tests are developed and how do they keep up with Oracle's rapidly growing program and the expanding needs of a diverse candidate base. We are excited to share this interview with you and give you an inside look at a trusted provider.
Alternate link: http://bit.ly/15fer1X (MP3, 17MB)
QUESTIONS IN THIS PODCAST:
- How is Kaplan's role different now as an Oracle Authorized Practice Test Provider?
- How does Kaplan differentiate themselves from other practice test providers?
- How does Kaplan determine which practice test will be built?
- What process does Kaplan follow to develop new practice tests?
- How has Kaplan changed its offerings to reflect changes in Oracle Certification?
- How has Kaplan kept up with testing trends in general?
- How can students best use Kaplan practice tests to help prepare for their Oracle Certification exams?
- What is the candidate experience when taking a practice test on the Kaplan platform?
- Are the practice test questions the same that candidates will see on the final exams?
- With new Oracle testing formats (i.e. Java Master Assignments, Essays), how does Kaplan evolve to continue meeting candidate needs?
- How to get more information about Kaplan's Oracle Certification practice tests.
Tuesday May 28, 2013
By Harold Green on May 28, 2013
The beta period will soon be closing for the Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration Exam (1Z1-822). This is your last opportunity to take the certification exam at the greatly discounted rate of $50 USD, as well as be one of the first to hold this new certification.
The exam, combined with the Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator certification and a training requirement, leads to the Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator (OCP) certification. This certification is designed for Oracle Solaris System Administrators who have a strong foundation in the Oracle Solaris 11 Operating System and a fundamental understanding of the UNIX operating system, commands and utilities. This certification covers topics on core elements such as: configuring network interfaces, managing swap configurations, crash dumps, and core files.
Read Bill's great writeup here: http://unixed.com/blog/2013/05/solaris-certification-study-tips
Tuesday Apr 02, 2013
By Brandye Barrington-Oracle on Apr 02, 2013
Tuesday Jan 15, 2013
By Brandye Barrington-Oracle on Jan 15, 2013
Did you know that purchasing vouchers from a non-authorized outlet is fraud? We recently revoked several exam scores as we tracked down counterfeit vouchers that had been used to purchase exams.
Thursday Jan 10, 2013
By Harold Green on Jan 10, 2013
The Oracle Certification program is something that we are proud of. We invest many many hours and numerous resources carefully crafting the focus and contents of our exams to be sure that they accurately and fairly measure the skills needed to master our technologies. We also invest in securing the exams to help ensure that scores closely reflect abilities. That is why when we learn of any persons or groups attempting fraud against the community and our program, we take it seriously.
We have previously posted a series where we discuss some information about cheating, who it hurts, and who it really benefits, and so you'll see links to the series below.
If you become aware of a cheating incident, please let us know. Because of security measures, we obviously cannot disclose our resulting actions; but rest assured - we do investigate these claims and respond accordingly. We are committed to preserving the integrity of your certifications and our program, and we genuinely appreciate your involvement.
- Report Certification Fraud
- Cheating Part 1: Who Benefits from Cheating?
- Cheating Part 2: Cheating Hurts The Cheater.
- Cheating Part 3: Cheating Hurts Present and Future Employers.
- Cheating Part 4: Cheating Hurts Legitimate Certification Holders.
- Cheating Part 5: Cheating Hurts the Oracle Certification Program.
- Cheating Part 6: The Lone Beneficiary (And It's Not You)
- Cheating Part 7: What Can You and I Do About Cheating?
- Certification Magazine: Oracle Certification and Cheating
- Oracle Certification - Cheating Incident
- Using Braindumps is Cheating
Official blog of the Oracle Certification Program
- What's New With Oracle Certification This Week?
- Major Growth is Expected in the DBaaS Space. Are Your Skills Ready?
- What's New With Oracle Certification This Week?
- Still Celebrating Java?
- What's New With Oracle Certification Exams This Week?
- Access Your Certification Records to Keep Them Current
- Perfect Career Advice for a DBA or Developer
- What Does Recertification Mean For Me?
- Advance Your Java Skill Set With Java SE 8
- Professional Highlight: Amr Gawash, Oracle Certified Professional. Java SE 7 Programmer