Oracle BI EE 188.8.131.52.0 Bundle Patch 2 is available. The Patch number is 13611078 and it can be downloaded from Oracle Support (you can download it without password). This patch currently is available on Microsoft Windows x64 (64 bit), Linux x86 - 64 bit, IBM AIX on Power System (64 bit) and Oracle Solaris Sparc (64 bit). Remaining four platforms Win32, Linux32, HP-Itanium, and Solaris x86-64 are expected 3-4 weeks later.
This Patch has thoroughly been tested and signed off by BI QA Team.
Important things to know:
1. All the customers are advised to apply this patch as it contains around 248 bug fixes. Please read the README file for all the bug fixes contained in this patch.
2. This patch can be applied via opatch. Please follow the standard process of applying this patch using opatch, i.e. stop all BI System processes via opmnctl, Stop WLS Managed and Admin Servers, Apply Patch, Start WLS Admin and Managed Servers, Check if all the J2EE applications are running fine, Start all BI System Processes via opmnctl command, and verify your fixes. It is advised to test this patch on Non Productions Instances first, run all the required tests / regressions and then move it to Production.
3. This Bundle Patch is cumulative to 184.108.40.206.0 BP1 (13562882) which was released in January 2012 on Linux x86 - 64 bit which contained around 64 bug fixes. Customers who have applied 220.127.116.11.0 BP1, will get expected OPatch conflict message, they can safely roll back BP1 prior to installing this BP2 or let opatch roll back BP1 during its application process.
4. Customer who have applied some one off patches and these one off patches are also part of 18.104.22.168.0 BP2, they can also roll back their existing one off patches after confirming that their fixes are part of BP2.
5. This Bundle Patch is not cumulative on top of 22.214.171.124.0, meaning this bundle patch does not contain all the one off fixes that were delivered on top of 126.96.36.199.0. All the remaining one off fixes delivered so far, will be available in next scheduled bundle patch i.e. 188.8.131.52.0 BP3. Please check the README file and let support know if your existing fixes are not part of BP2, so that support can open One Off Backport (OOB) request to have them included in next patch i.e. BP3.
6. 184.108.40.206.0 BP3 is in planning stages, and dates for it's availability will be announced in next couple of weeks.