Join our Customer Intelligence Team in Dublin!
By email@example.com on Mar 01, 2011
Join now as a Customer Intelligence Representative. You will have the opportunity to develop within the role through working alongside the Business Development, Sales and Customer Intelligence teams within Oracle. The Customer Intelligence Group is viewed as a true talent pool for the Business Development and Sales Teams. Oracle offers a structured training programme for Customer Intelligence Representatives and Business Development Consultants including our approved sales certified training methodology along with regular product training.
Miriam started her career as a Customer Intelligence Representative six years ago, and shares what she has learned and how her career is progressing.
My Career Path at Oracle:
- June 2005 – October 2005: Profiler in the Customer Intelligence Team
- November 2005 - October 2006: Team Leader for CIT
- November 2006 - February 2008: Business Development Consultant Iberia
- March 2008 - December 2010: Lead Management Specialist
- Currently: Sales Program Manager for Iberia & Benelux
What did you learn from your role in the Customer Intelligence Team
Being a Profiler helped me to understand how an organisation works, from the beginning to the end. It is like being in University but being paid! The three key things I learnt in this role are:
- Knowledge of customers: You are on the phone with over 70 customers daily. Not only does this give you an overview of the IT infrastructure of the customers companies but also how to manage their questions and rejections. Essentially you are learning how to convert their pain and complaints into business opportunities.
- Knowledge of Oracle: As a Profiler you get an excellent overview of how Oracle works internally, from Customer Intelligence to Sales, without forgetting the Operations Team.
- Knowledge about yourself: As a Profiler I learnt how to work outside of my comfort zone, there is a new challenge almost every day but Oracle are there to support you every step of the way. Oracle really invests in developing the CIT Team and as a Profiler you can expect product and sales training on a monthly basis.
How did you progress from CIT to Business Development Group (BDG)?
I made sure that my manager knew from the very beginning that I was keen to progress at Oracle and I was set very clear objectives to help me reach my goal. My manager was very supportive and ensured I received all the training I needed. After I became a Team Leader of Profiling, I moved to an Iberia BDG position.
How you feel your experience in CI has helped you in your current role?
I truly believe that the CI position gives you a great overview of Oracle and this has really helped me in my current position. I am the Sales Program Manager for IBERIA & Benelux and in my campaigns I need to target the right companies and the right job specs. My time in the Customer Intelligence team really helped me to understand how to focus and target my campaigns so I know I don’t miss any business opportunities!
How would you sum up your Oracle experience?
Oracle is a big organisation with big opportunities. With the right skills and with the great training programs that Oracle offer, the only limit is you!