In order to provide our global customer base with sustained upgrade support, Oracle has released the re-certified PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.0 to 9.2 Upgrade on January 12, 2017. The PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.2 Upgrade Source image CS 9.2.001 contains any delivered fixes, regulatory updates, enhancements and new features delivered into the CS 9.2 codeline through PUM Image 3. Here are some details:
- Campus Solutions Upgrade Source Image CS 9.2.001 will be available on My Oracle Support (MOS) at the PeopleSoft Upgrade Source Images Home Page (MOS Doc ID 1552580.1), Campus Solutions Upgrade Source Images link.
- Information on obtaining the upgrade templates and upgrade documentation can be found on PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Upgrade Home Page (MOS Doc ID 2078564.2).
- Minimum Requirements for Upgrading: Customers using Campus Solutions Upgrade Source Image 9.2.001 will need to be on minimum Campus Solutions 9.0, Bundle #34, HRMS Bundle #25 and PeopleTools 8.54 or higher before commencing their upgrade. In addition, customers must also have completed the Campus Solutions/HCM split prior to upgrading.
- Maintenance Equivalency After Upgrade: Upgrading to Campus Solutions 9.2 using Upgrade Source Image 9.2.001 will take customers to the equivalent of Campus Solutions 9.2 PUM Image 3 (CS 9.2.003).
- Multi-Language Capability: The CS 9.2.001 Upgrade Source Image will include Translations for Arabic, English-UK, Spanish -Worldwide, French, French Canadian, Korean, Dutch, Portuguese-Brazil, Turkish, Chinese-Simplified, Chinese – Traditional.
- New Customers for Campus Solutions 9.2: New Campus Solutions 9.2 customers on PeopleTools 8.55 must use the Campus Solutions VCD (virtual CD) available on edelivery.oracle.com. Select Release: PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.2, and the appropriate platform.
- New customers requiring a multi-language installation should refer to PeopleTools 8.55 PeopleBook, Development Tools, Global Technology, Using Related Language Tables hosted PeopleBook link available through the PeopleSoft Information Portal.
- A Campus Solutions Multi-Language VCD will be available on edelivery.oracle.com. Refer to PeopleTools 8.55 PeopleBook, Development Tools, Global Technology, Using Related Language Tables.
- Existing customers on the CS 9.0 multi-language codeline should also refer to: Campus Solutions 9.2 Multi Language Upgrade (MOS Doc ID 2222190.1).
It is easy to get confused when we talk about upgrade
images and update
images. But make no mistake; there is a BIG difference. Campus Solutions 9.2 Update Images are used with the PeopleSoft Update Manager. Once the update image has been deployed, you can select specific fixes, enhancements, new features and regulatory updates to apply to your CS 9.2 system. Update Images are delivered about every four months. Campus Solutions Upgrade Source Images are used to deploy a new certified path to CS 9.2. Using a certified upgrade ensures that your upgrade is predictable and successful. Campus Solutions 9.2 re-certified upgrades are targeted to be delivered once each calendar year. Benefits of the CS 9.2 Upgrade
There are many factors to consider as you evaluate and plan for your upgrade including support time frames, functional capabilities, technical infrastructure, and underlying business needs. These factors are often complex and interrelated. However, upgrading provides access to new functionality and software applications that can help keep your campus well positioned to meet your business objectives through leveraging the latest technology. Things to consider:
- Upgrading may facilitate managing your student system at a lower cost through retiring customizations and deploying standard processes across your organization.
- Upgrading will allow you to leverage the latest performance and usability enhancements, enabling you to increase the efficiency of your applications and your business. CS 9.2 allows our customers to take advantage of high value features like delivered self service transactions powered by the Fluid UI.
- You will be able to use PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM) to download maintenance fixes and feature updates. Only PeopleSoft 9.2 applications are enabled to use the PUM delivery method. You will be able to take advantage of the extended PeopleSoft 9.2 code line, taking only the maintenance updates and features that you want when you want them.
(To our blog readers: Sometimes we get questions about CS functionality in our blog's comments. For responses related to CS feature functionality, we suggest submitting an entry on the PeopleSoft My Oracle Support Campus Solutions Community. It's an easy and fast way to connect with the experts on our Global Support team who will respond to you in a timely fashion.)