The CS 9.2 PUM Update Image 3 is now available from the PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM) Home Page (MOS Doc ID 1641843.2) by selecting the Update Image Home Pages tab and choosing Campus Solutions Update Image Home Page. Contents of CS 9.2 PUM Image 3 (CS 9.2.003) are highlighted in the PeopleSoft CS 9.2 Update Image Overview document at (Doc ID 2116071.1). These links and more are available by visiting the PeopleSoft Information Portal.
Here is a summary of features delivered in CS 9.2 PUM Image 3:
- Updated Profile tile, users can view the User ID with which they log onto a homepage.
- My Preferences tile (which can be added to the user’s homepage) that allows access to the Campus Preferences page where users can define default values that assist user navigation,
Admissions Applicant Fluid Self Service: With CS PUM Image 3, we provide ability for institutions to configure and deploy an Activity Guide to Accept or Decline an Offer of Admission. If a deposit is due as part of the application process, the applicant can click the Pay Admissions Deposit button on the Application Status page to make a payment. The ability to upload a file to an admissions application checklist item has also been delivered.
Student Financials Fluid Self Service: Designed for any device, users can access:
- Make a Payment (Hosted Payment): A step by step process organized by the PeopleSoft Activity Guide Framework guides a user starting with selecting a payment method, specifying and confirming a payment amount, providing information for making an electronic payment to a third party provider, and submitting the payment.
- Charges Due: A simplified page that contains a “What I owe” section with charges and dates. A convenient Make a Payment button enables users to take immediate action. Where appropriate, Pending Financial Aid is displayed to the student on this page.
- Account Balance: A summary view, by Term, of all outstanding charges and deposits.
Student Records Fluid Self Service Setup options for Fluid Interface have been updated and reorganized to include components for viewing classes, meeting schedules, and instructor contact details.
Starting on a delivered Student Homepage, from the Manage Classes tile, the user navigates to the Manage Classes landing page to access the following functionality:
- Maintain Shopping Cart – The Shopping Cart fluid feature provides a streamlined approach for enrollment, deletion of classes, validation of classes, and the ability to update enrollment options.
- View My Classes – The class schedule display is now available for tablets and desktops and users can view and use native device email or phone features for contacting listed instructors when available and displayed.
- Drop Classes – This feature provides an easy and intuitive way for students to drop classes from a class schedule on multiple devices.
(Note: You are probably asking; if a user can View Classes, Maintain a Class "Shopping Cart" and Drop Classes; what about Enrollment? Our plan for enhancing enrollment transactions has included the use of the PeopleSoft Search Framework using the Elasticsearch engine. Unfortunately, Elasticsearch did not become available until October 21, 2016. (See the PeopleSoft Technology Blog: Elasticsearch for PeopleSoft Now Available!) We anticipate CS Fluid Enrollment in an upcoming CS PUM Image.)
Of course, every CS PUM Image includes a number of regulatory updates and PUM Image 3 is no different and includes:
- Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) – DLHE Return 2015-2016 (United Kingdom)
- Points Based Immigration (PBI) 2016 (United Kingdom)
- Studielink (Netherlands) - New Selection and Placement Process
- United States Financial Aid Regulatory Updates
- Common Origination and Disbursement (COD)
- Updates to ISIR, INAS, and Verification for the 2017-2018 Aid Year
- 1098-T Updates for Tax Year 2016 (US)
(To our blog readers: Sometimes we get questions about CS functionality in our blog's comments. For responses related to CS feature functionality, we suggest submitting an entry on the PeopleSoft My Oracle Support Campus Solutions Community. It's an easy and fast way to connect with the experts on our Global Support team who will respond to you in a timely fashion.)