Create Oracle Business Rules using the Java API
By Bob Webster on Feb 18, 2013
SOA Suite and BPM Suite 11g developers and end users normally develop and edit Rule sets
using graphical tools such as the JDeveloper Rule editor and the SOA Composer Web Application.
But Rules can also be created and manipulated using the Oracle Business Rules Java API,
in fact both of the graphical editors leverage the API to perform their work.
This blog post provides a Rules API Example that illustrates how to:
- Load an existing Rules Dictionary from the file system.
- Add a Java Fact to the dictionary Data Model.
- Add a new List of Values BucketSet to the Dictionary Data Model.
- Create and add a new Rule Set to the dictionary.
- Associate the new BucketSet with a given Fact property.
- Create a new If / Then Rule
- Create a new Decision Table with multiple Rules that leverage the new Bucketset.
- Validate and Save the updated Rules Dictionary
Read the full post and get the example here