By BrunoBorges-Oracle on Aug 02, 2012
Hey everyone, this is my first post, and although I have been working at Oracle since July 2nd, I wanted it to have valuable information, not just a "Hey look, I joined Oracle". So this is it, welcome to my blog!
How to enable WebLogic 12c FastSwap when developing Java EE applications with NetBeans? Very simple!
- Open the file WEB-INF/weblogic.xml
- If your application is an EAR, open weblogic-application.xml
- Enable FastSwap
<fast-swap> <enabled>true</enabled> </fast-swap>
- Now open the Properties dialog for your project
- Navigate to Run
- Disable the checkbox "Deploy on Save"
- Close the Properties dialog
- Re-deploy your application
Done! Now give it a try. Modify some Java code and refresh the web page that access that code. Remember you don't need to re-deploy your application anymore. NetBeans already deploys it as exploded WAR/EAR. Faster than the re-deploy feature!
Also, FastSwap is a feature that is built-in to WebLogic 12c and there's no need to install anything. For more information about FastSwap, follow this link (for WebLogic 12.1.1).
Was this a valuable information for you? Sure it was for me :-)