How to Install WebLogic 12c ZIP on Linux
By Bruno.Borges-Oracle on Sep 03, 2012
UPDATE July 1st 2014 - See recent post about WebLogic 12.1.3 and its Maven integration, support of key Java EE 7 APIs and configuration using Docker.
I knew that WebLogic had this small ZIP distribution, of only 184M, but what I didn't know was that it is so easy to install it on Linux machines, specially for development purposes, that I thought I had to blog about it.
You may want to check this blog, where I found the missing part on this how to, but I'm blogging this again because I wanted to put it in a simpler way, straight to the point. And if you are looking for a how to for Mac, check Arun Gupta's post.
So, here's the step-by-step:
- Download the ZIP distribution
Don't forget to accept the OTN Free Developer License Agreement!
- Unzip the content of the file exactly where you want to keep your local installation of WebLogic 12c
- Make sure you have JAVA_HOME environment variable pointing to a local install of Oracle JDK 7
- For example: export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle
- $ export CONFIG_JVM_ARGS=-Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom