Transforming Public Sector with Process Excellence
By Mala Ramakrishnan on Jul 22, 2013
Organizations in the public sector today continually strive to be more efficient, to modernize their operations, and to offer more consistent, personalized services to citizens. Achieving these goals is often difficult in the wake of pervasive budget cuts. Many government agencies have to adjust to an economic climate where revenue is curtailed, forcing them to simplify manual processes and find ways to do more with less. Two common ways to deal with budget cuts are to eliminate services and reduce head count. While these tactics can free up funds, they can also cripple an organization if lost employee knowledge isn’t preserved in some form. Forward- looking organizations in this sector have embarked on modernization projects designed to capture knowledge in information systems and to reduce manual effort by automating business processes.
Organizations in the public sector turn to BPM for improving efficiency, compliance and visibility. Oracle Process Accelerators are-built end-to-end implementations for common and critical business processes such as Incident Reporting and the newly released Electronic Forms Management, which provide an opportunity for these organizations to get a taste for BPM and address common issues pertaining to these business processes.
The following resource kit has case studies, white papers, and other valuable BPM resources for Public Sector that will help you:
- Deliver new and more efficient services to citizens
- Leverage end-to-end implementations of incident reporting and electronic forms management business processes out-of-the-box
- Minimize risk of failure with domain expertise in government processes and compliance
- Speed up process adoption with best practices in BPM
- Easily extend and tailor Oracle Process Accelerators for BPM