OBPM 10gR3 MP1 is generally available
By eduardo.x.chiocconi on Jan 22, 2009
Oracle Business Process Management 10gR3 Maintenance Pack 1 Announcement
We are proud to release Oracle Business Process Management (OBPM) 10gR3 Maintenance Pack 1 (MP1). This release resolves several issues identified as critical for a successful operation of BPM projects.
It is strongly recommended that all customers running OBPM GA upgrade to OBPM MP1. This new release will also address several problems identified in Proof of Concepts during the last months that were delivered as Patches for OBPM 10gR3 GA.
This new release includes several bug corrections as well as introducing some new certifications that are outlined below. Please check the interoperability matrix included in the Release Notes.
1. Highlights of OBPM 10gR3 MP1
The following is a brief summary of the highlights of this release. More specific information can be found in the Release Notes archives associated to the OBPM 10gR3 MP1 binaries available at OTN: http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/bpm/index.html
• Oracle BPM Enterprise 10gR3 is certified to run on WebSphere 220.127.116.11 single node and cluster configurations.
• Oracle BPM Enterprise 10gR3 is certified to run with WCI Suite 10gR3 to expose the WorkSpace through the WCI Portal (formerly known as ALUI Portal).
• Complete migration from Oracle BPM 6.0 Collaboration Edition environments to Oracle BPM 10gR3 environments. Please check Known Issues for a couple of related issues to be addressed soon in a HF.
• Provide documentation updates on new features.
• OBPM WorkSpace Performance improvements.
• OBPM BPM Object Presentation Editor performance improvements.
1.1. New features or improvements in this release
There are no new features introduced in OBPM 10gR3 MP1.
1.2. Major Bug corrections added in this release
For a detailed list of issues corrected and addressed as well as a list of known issues, please check the Release Notes published on the OBPM 10gR3 Documentation Pages: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E13154_01/bpm/docs65/relnotes/release_notes_OracleBPM10gR3.htm
1.3. New certifications
The following are the new certifications included in this release:
• IBM WebSphere 18.104.22.168 to deploy all OBPM Web Applications and Engine WebSphere.
• Oracle Web Center Interaction Suite 10gR3 (to support Collaboration Edition Deployments in conjunction with WCI (formerly known as: ALUI).
2. Applies to the following OBPM Product Components and version:
• OBPM Studio 10gR3 GA
• OBPM Enterprise Standalone 10gR3 GA
• OBPM Enterprise for WebLogic 10gR3 GA
3. Download Instructions
Only new installers are provided for OBPM 10gR3 MP1 at OTN: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/bpm/index.html. Upgrade packages can be obtained from OBPM Support (http://albpmsupport.bea.com). These upgrade packages can be used to upgrade an existing OBPM 10gR3 GA installation with only the deltas.