BPM Suite 11gR1 PS3 Released
By Manoj Das on Jan 26, 2011
The BPM product team is pleased to announce that BPM Suite 11gR1 PS3 is now publicly available and can be downloaded from OTN. As any patch-set release, it includes many bug fixes and performance improvements. In addition, there are many enhancements; some of the highlights are:
- Business Process Converter – Import Visio and XPDL 2.0 processes as BPMN 2.0 into BPM Suite. The converter can be downloaded from the same download site as BPM; it is the 9th item within Prerequisites and Recommended Install.
- BPMN Modeling Enhancements – Both Studio and Composer have enhanced modeling experience including the ability to color swimlanes, resize swimlanes, support for grids, in-line editing of activity names, support for custom icons, etc.
- Simulation Enhancements – Simulation has been enhanced to support BPMN 2.0 constructs such as boundary events, as well as to produce simulation reports that can be exported to Excel.
- Enhanced Form Generation – The wizard to generate ADF Forms for BPPM tasks, can now generate forms based on ADF Templates enabling customers to achieve the desired layout without editing the form.
- BI Views and Seamless BAM Integration – To facilitate using business intelligence on top of the process STAR schema, views to aid queries and supporting documentation are available for download.
- Seamless BAM Integration – BPM’s integration with BAM has been enhanced in PS3 to automatically create BAM Data Objects when a BPM process is deployed. Now, analysts can start creating BAM reports in Active Studio without needing the help of a data architect.
- Significantly Enhanced Process Spaces – Web Center Suite, the underlying component for BPM Process Spaces,has many significant enhancements in PS3. Highlights can be read here. Also, the install of Process Spaces has been simplified and it now seamlessly coexists with customer extensions to Web Center Spaces.
Public developer Virtual Box and Amazon EC2 images coming soon; stay tuned.