BPA Suite 11g
By Manoj Das on Oct 09, 2009
In August, we released BPA Suite 11g. This week we did an official press release - you can read it here.
Some of the enhancements in 11g highlighted in this press release are:
- Unified ARIS Server and ARIS Repository: enables seamless sharing of process and related metadata across Oracle BPA Suite and other ARIS platform products such as ARIS IT Architect and ARIS Balanced Scorecard.
- Round-trip integration with Oracle SOA 11g platform: enables business and IT to work from shared metadata and automatically translate process models into SCA-based SOA composites to promote rapid and meaningful process development. These features can eliminate business to IT gaps by directly translating business requirements into executable processes, empowering both business and IT to make process level changes in a governed fashion.
- Service discovery and identification: offers integration with UDDI and WSIL repositories to promote process based service discovery.
- Enhanced reporting: delivers new simulation reports that provide greater process visibility. The new graphical Report Editor simplifies report building and enables users to create customized, targeted process analysis options and result presentations quickly.
- New Version and Change Management: offers built-in support for versioning of process artifacts and change control. Version Management provides optimal process documentation support, making it possible to track the history of process descriptions and the improvement process. The Change Management feature helps to add and track improvement proposals for continuous process refinements.
Also, recently at Aris Process World, Ashish Mohindroo recorded an interview highlighting how IDS and Oracle together enable rapid conversion from business concepts to implementation. You can watch it here.