By Ajay Khanna on Sep 27, 2013
With time, gap between the enterprise application and the business need widens. How can we make sure that enterprises are able to leverage their existing enterprise investments while offering new and unique capabilities that the Business requires?
This session discussed 5 ways BPM can help bridge the gap between what your business demands and what applications can provide.
In this session, Fred Stern from Flextronics discussed how BPM helped them stay current and competitive in their business by applying value driven approach to automate, streamline and standardize global business processes.
Some of the challenges discussed included standardizing processes, limited visibility, slow responsiveness, multiple ERP’s, high costs, audit and compliance.
With Oracle BPM Flextronics was able to create a global standardized view of the different business processes integrating over 15 different ERP systems. This allowed them to reduce the average time to process transactions by 4X times reduce the cost to process invoices by 10 times and importantly ensure zero audit findings since the process was implemented in BPM all while managing continuous process improvements.
To make BPM initiative successful Mr. Stern suggested getting executive buy-in early and keeping focused on the end state of your BPM initiative. Collaboration and communication are essential. Make sure you include end users in the process.
Oracle BPM helps you to modernize and extend your existing applications in following 5 ways:
- Enhance visibility into the end-to-end process across applications
- Improve the business responsiveness – like faster time to market and quicker response to customer issues
- Eliminates the need to do brittle customizations in an application, you can do those in the BPM layer and keep your organization agile.
- Create and deliver effective customer experience that may also include including the Mobile and Social engagement as a part of your process.
- Last but not least, improve end user experience by providing unified dashboards, tasklist and UI