By bounds on Jul 29, 2008
I'm a huge fan of Podcasts. I listen to them during workouts, yard work, programming, and while traveling. I've just added a new one that I absolutely love. Lew Rockwell of http://www.lewrockwell.com/ has joined the podcasting world. With titles like "How to Buy Gold and Silver", "Who Killed the Constitution", and "The Banks are Broke", you know that this is just a continuation of the great work from his site. My problem is that with another Podcast that actually seems to come out daily. I'm just running out of time to enjoy all of them/
- TWIT - Seriously, how can anyone go without this podcast
- Security Now - Good intro to security topics
- Network Security Podcast - I believe this to be the best all around Security podcast.
- PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Great security podcast, gets pretty technical and in depth.
- Risky Business, Silver Bullet Security, Securabit - Just started listening, so haven't formed a good opinion
- Dan Carlin's Hardcore History - Dan is an insightful amateur historian that asks great questions. Wish he was more regular with updates
- Common Sense with Dan Carlin - Not really history, and this is Dan's main show. I like Hardcore History better, but this will get you to think
- History of Rome - Mike Duncan's weekly podcast of the Roman Empire. I just finished the 2nd Punic Wars. I wish my History classes had been like this
- 12 Byzantine Rules - Lars Brownworth's overview of 12 rulers in 18 podcasts. I wish there were more.
- Identity Management Buzz - Covers all things Identity at Sun.
- Glassfish Podcast - All things Glassfish related, what else?
- FAMTalk - Only 3 podcasts, but covers Federation very well. Also cool when I know All of the hosts
- Java Posse - Probably the podcast that started it all for me back in the Java Cast days. Four guys having fun and talking Java
Fun/Politics (yes, I combine them into one category)
- Antiwar Radio - Scott Horton and Charles Goyette combine to do great reporting. This probably isn't what you think it is, these are free market, pro-capitalist, antiwar interviews. Gareth Porter, Gordon Prather, Scott Hornberger, Pat Buchanan, Ray McGovern, Scott Ritter, Alan Bock, the list goes on.
- Mises Institue Media - Hundreds of podcasts from Conferences, conventions, book readings, etc... This is the definitive site for Austrian Economics. If you don't know what Austrian Economics is, go to www.mises.org. I promise you won't be bored and you'll probably understand the world we live in much better.
- The Math Factor - What can I say, I'm a math nerd. I enjoy numbers.
- North Point Ministries: Andy Stanley - Good Pastor and good sermons.
- Astronomy Cast - Covers cosmic rays to Quasars and everything in between
- LSAT Logic in Everyday Life - A short 5-10 minute podcast that covers logical fallacies we face everyday
- The Lew Rockwell Show - Mentioned above. I always enjoyed when Lew read speeches or articles on the Mises podcast.
- Scam School - Fun Video Podcast that teaches tricks you can use to earn free drinks
- Tiki Bar TV - Learn to make drinks and have fun doing it. Oh and Lala, Will you marry me?