VirtualBox 3.1 Beta 3 now available for download
By user12611829 on Nov 25, 2009
In addition to the new features introduced with Beta 1 (live migration, branched snapshots, new OpenSolaris USB support, 2D video acceleration, network changes while VM is running), the following are noteworthy changes since Beta 2.
- VMM: fixes slow OpenSolaris booting (3.1.0 Beta 1 regression)
- GUI: prevent hints being send for guest-initiated resizes
- GUI: fix for saved mouse shape data which was incorrectly updated
- Xml compatibility fixes with 3.0.x (CpuIdTree element)
- Storage/VMDK: fix buffers for really huge VMDK files split into 2G pieces
- EFI: added 64-bit firmware
- 2D support: Saved state save/restore fixes
- 2D support: fixed VM reset issues
- Snapshots: suppresses the automatic resetting of immutable disk images on VM power-up if the machine has snapshots AND the current snapshot is an online snapshot, to avoid data corruption (the machine would otherwise be reset to a state which is equivalent of a poweroff of a running machine without a proper shutdown)
- Guest Additions: fixed a rare guest crash with 2 or more guest CPUs
- Windows Additions: improved file version lookup for guest OS information
- Windows Additions: disabled some debug output
- Linux Additions: fixed guests with Linux 2.4 kernels
- Linux Additions: removed debugging symbols to save space (3.1.0 Beta 2 regression)
- X11 Additions: fixed a bug which re-enabled the graphics (and dynamic resizing) capability when disabling seamless
- X11 Additions: added more default resolutions for old guests
- X11 Additions: workaround a bug in X.Org 1.3 which caused dynamic resizing to fail
Please refer to the VirtualBox 3.1 Beta 3 Changelog for a complete list of changes and enhancements.
Important Note: Please do not use this VirtualBox Beta release on production machines. A VirtualBox Beta release should be considered a bleeding-edge release meant for early evaluation and testing purposes.
Report problems or issues at the VirtualBox Beta Forum.
Technocrati Tags: Sun Virtualization VirtualBox