VirtualBox 3.1 Beta 2 now available for download
By user12611829 on Nov 22, 2009
In addition to the new features introduced with Beta 1 (live migration, branched snapshots, new OpenSolaris USB support, 2D video acceleration, network changes while VM is running), the following changes have gone into this release.
- Fixed snapshots of VMs with empty DVD attachments (3.1.0 Beta 1 regression)
- Fixed snapshots of VMs with multiple attached disk drives (3.1.0 Beta 1 regression)
- GUI: fixed a crash in the snapshots widget
- VMM: guest SMP fixes in rare cases
- VMM: fixed kernel panic with older Linux kernels, e.g. CentOS 5.3 (APIC; 3.0.12 + 3.1.0 Beta 1 regression)
- 3D support: fixed Final frame of Compiz animation not updated to the screen (public ticket #4653, partly fixed, needs more work)
- 2D/3D support, Windows: fix gl support test failure when VBox installation path contains spaces
- 2D support: fix saved state restore failure when 2D is active and used by the guest (Playing a Video)
- Creating a new VM sometimes failed (3.1.0 Beta 1 regression)
- VBoxManage clonehd was broken if the same image was cloned concurrently
- added VBoxManage usage information for Floppy/DVD images
- Linux Additions: properly disable the seamless mode if the guest doesn't support it
- Windows Additions: fixed high usage of VBoxService on Windows guests (3.1.0 Beta 1 regression)
- Windows Additions: VBox Credential Provider fixes
- Windows guests: fixed invisible mouse pointer when VM was restored from a saved state.
- VirtIO: performance improvements
- EFI: 32-bpp VGA driver was added.
Please refer to the VirtualBox 3.1 Beta 2 Changelog for a complete list of changes and enhancements. Also please read the known issues before installing this beta release.
Important Note: Please do not use this VirtualBox Beta release on production machines. A VirtualBox Beta release should be considered a bleeding-edge release meant for early evaluation and testing purposes.
Report problems or issues at the VirtualBox Beta Forum.
Technocrati Tags: Sun Virtualization VirtualBox