A Few Questions for Boot Camp Attendees
By User12611829-Oracle on Oct 11, 2005
You can review Boot Camps and Deep Dives for a quick overview of the content and approach for each of these events. With this in mind, a few questions
Idea 1: More time for Q & A and breaks
The typical agenda is four hours of content delivered over 5 hours, which leaves little room for discussions and breaks. So my questions are
- Should we reduce the content in each of these events ?
- If so should we eliminate a topic or cover each in less detail ?
- Alternatively, should we increase the time by an hour, perhaps a bit more so that we can cover the agenda materials properly ?
Somewhat related to the timeframe question, including more examples may increase the time required for each topic. In some respects the sessions have been developed as concepts (Boot Camp) and practical application (Deep Dive) with this in mind.
- Do you want to trade off some of the DTrace concepts in order to see it in action ?
Solaris 10 is a vast product with many big ideas. The most obvious of these major features are DTrace, Zones (a component of Containers), Predictive Self-Healing, Role Based Access Control and Least Privilege, and the new file system ZFS.
- Are there any major topics that seem interesting to you that we haven't adequately covered in either the Boot Camp or Deep Dive ?
Your comments will very valuable as we continue to refine the content for these events. Feel free to send email or post a comment below.
Technocrati Tags: Sun Solaris Boot Camp Workshop