By Puneeth on Aug 17, 2013
Weblogic Server Domain Configuration Wizard - Points to remember :
- Quick Start Configuration Wizard can be used only to configure the various sample domains, such as MedRec and the Examples Server, in your WebLogic Server installation.
- You can start Quick Start Configuration Wizard in two ways :
1. Select the Automatically Launch Quick Start Configuration Wizard option on the Installation Complete screen of the WebLogic Server installer.
2. Run the config.cmd / config.sh script located in ORACLE_HOME/oracle_common/common/bin as follows : " config.cmd -target=config-oneclick " in windows and " config.sh -target=config-oneclick " in Linux.
- Prior to manually running the Configuration Wizard in Quick Start mode, you must set the CONFIG_JVM_ARGS environment variable to specify the full path and JAR file name for each template that you want to use for the domain.
- To set CONFIG_JVM_ARGS on a Windows system:
set CONFIG_JVM_ARGS="-DuserTemplates=C:/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver/common/ templates/wls/wls.jar,C:/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver/common/templates/ wls/wls_webservice_jaxws.jar"
- To set CONFIG_JVM_ARGS on a UNIX:
export CONFIG_JVM_ARGS="-DuserTemplates=/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver/common/ templates/wls/wls.jar,/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver/common/templates/ wls/wls_webservice_jaxws.jar"
- Domain can be created using GUI mode or using WLST.
- There is silent mode installation only for WLS 12.1.2 installation and not for WLS 12.1.2 domain creation.